[SOLVED] Admin menus in Joomla 3.3.1 suddenly disappeared

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Niels klint
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

[SOLVED] Admin menus in Joomla 3.3.1 suddenly disappeared

Post by Niels klint » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:46 am

All admin menus in Joomla 3.3.1 suddenly disappeared! I worked at the site's user groups and adjusted a little CSS using firebug, when I suddenly lost all admin menubar, buttons / content in the subheader and content in the header. No change in the core files and no errors are shown

When I use firebug to copy / paste html with menus / links from another site, I can save changes.

You can see the image....

Last edited by Niels klint on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mcruz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: All admin menus in Joomla 3.3.1 suddenly disappeared!

Post by mcruz » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:18 am

I also had the same issues when I edited the user groups privileges. What I did was to get my backup of the database and copy those items labeled like 'usergroups' and then replace (delete first) the ones in the database of my site. You could also create first a dummy site locally with xampp and then use that. Just be careful only to replace the specific items. This will sort of bring the usergroups to default so that the privileges you may have taken out will be back again.

Niels klint
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Niels klint » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:52 pm

All users except one super user was deleted in the database.
After this succeeded by copy / paste html from another site to create a new Super User. And even though ALL permissions definitely were the same, all functions are back again.
Naturally, I have deleted the Super User, which did not work

Niels klint
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Niels klint » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Niels klint wrote:All users except one super user was deleted in the database.
After this succeeded by copy / paste html via firebug from another site to create a new Super User. And even though ALL permissions definitely were the same, all functions are back again.
Naturally, I have deleted the Super User, which did not work

AlanM16
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: [SOLVED] Admin menus in Joomla 3.3.1 suddenly disappeare

Post by AlanM16 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:40 am

I had the same issue but I solved it on Joomla 3.2.4 - I presume it's the same. Basically, I had been changing access levels - renaming and removing unused ones. I tied to remove the default 'Special' access group. After re-logging in I lost the admin menu as well.

After finding this thread it pointed me towards the user database, and I found that when I tried to remove 'Special' it just removed the association to the Super User. So I put back the SU group ID (see images attached).

It works again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”