"New" button missing in Components | Banners | Banners

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
recseiuq
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

"New" button missing in Components | Banners | Banners

Post by recseiuq » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:15 am

Hi all,
I would like to set up a banner in our Joomla installation, but there is no "New" button with which to do so.

I am using the Super User account and have checked permissions for Banners under Global Configuration | Banners | Permissions. The Super User account has all permissions.

I have also used View Source in my browser and can see that the New button is not in the source - I can see the code for the other buttons.

Here's a screenshot:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

recseiuq
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: "New" button missing in Components | Banners | Banners

Post by recseiuq » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:55 am

Still no 'New' button, but in case anybody else encounters this issue I have found that I can create banners by visiting an existing banner (e.g. one of the samples) and clicking 'Save and New'.

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: "New" button missing in Components | Banners | Banners

Post by JAVesey » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:43 am

Do you see the "New" button under "Categories" and "Clients"? Do you have entries for these already set up?
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.1.0 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7
Joomla 5.1.0 on XAMMP for OSX with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”