Access to and utilization of `fulltext`

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
bobmeetin
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Access to and utilization of `fulltext`

Post by bobmeetin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:50 am

Looking at the database joomla includes a fulltext field in the *****_content table. I've looked through category and article options trying to figure out how to get access to write to it, as well as presentation. If it's there it's not obvious. Am I missing the secret handshake and/or can someone point me in the right direction, even if it means installing another component?

jackrabbit
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Access to and utilization of `fulltext`

Post by jackrabbit » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:06 am

RSFormPro has an excellent database mapping function which you can use within a custom form to post data to #__content -> column fulltext. It also shows all the columns associated with the table so you can insert to all columns, and it will auto increment the entry ID
Reset Joomla super user password and username simply | http://cmsenergizer.com/website-energy- ... d-remotely

bobmeetin
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Access to and utilization of `fulltext`

Post by bobmeetin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:40 am

Thank you. I use RS Form Pro, have for years, but would really like to know what, why, what's brewing with fulltext. K2 has a similar function and in the options/configuration you are able to select whether to enable/disable `fulltext` and are rewarded with presentation on the frontend. Here it's mysterious.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”