Cannot reset user password from fronend

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
kobiashi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Cannot reset user password from fronend

Post by kobiashi » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:52 am

hi

I seem to be having trouble allowing users reset their password from the front end, when i select the "require password reset" function in the admin area under user manager, on the front end it comes up when you log on, "You are required to reset your password before proceeding." but when you put the new password in nothing happens

can any one please advise me on this.

regards

YoJoe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Cannot reset user password from fronend

Post by YoJoe » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:28 am

hosting joomla tani hosting dla joomla www.webserwer.pl

I'm experiencing identical problem with J!3.3.4
Once I set the option to requre password change up user account creation, and the user tries to change his password on frontend, his profile page only reloads, and he still gets "You are required to reset your password before proceeding." alert.
All password requirements are met.

edit: The problem with passwords has been solved in latest J!3.3.6 so I recommend an immediate update (it includes also a security fix)

CardOneConcepts
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by CardOneConcepts » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:13 pm

Yes I can verify this is fixed when upgrading to 3.3.6 as I just went through this issue and have an ongoing post about it myself. Or at least it is fixed for me. I did have to set up an edit profile menu item to get it all to work properly but it does function now.

However, as I posted in my topic there seems to still be an issue with the message alert that is displayed not going away after you change your password and click "Save".

A new alert message does appear above the initial message saying you have to reset your password, but you would assume that the reset password message would go away after clicking "save"?

Does anyone have any input if this normal behavior for this password reset feature? Or am I missing something becuase I see this confusing users who will continue to see the password reset message!

I have included two screen shots to illustrate the issue, one shows the initial password reset message and the other shows what you see after you click save.
Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 12.05.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 12.06.52 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brenomayder
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by brenomayder » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:08 pm

I am with this problem and my joomla version is 3.3.6.

Someone has succeeded in resolved this problem?

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”