Registration problem

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Japhy_Snyder
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Registration problem

Post by Japhy_Snyder » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:00 am

If you visit my site on http://blog.accordwithnature.com/create-an-account/ and try to register (at least on my computer! / i did have someone register while im having this problem) you will hopefully see that upon completion and submission of the form it simply redirects back to the registration page, the same as the first time. Likewise there is no user created.

I am using sh404, and jfb connect / sclogin. My template Natural Way tends to give me a bunch of trouble. But other than that I have been through all the settings I can think (global config, menu options, permissions, and jfb) of and I have not come up with an answer yet.

Does anyone have ideas as to common causes of this?

jcms
I've been banned!

Re: Registration problem

Post by jcms » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:15 am

check registration user is yes from com_users option?

Japhy_Snyder
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Japhy_Snyder » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:37 am

if you mean the "allow user registration" option in "user manager" under the global configuratoin then yea i have that on yes

Japhy_Snyder
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Japhy_Snyder » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:43 pm

One thing I have seen and I am not sure if it ties in, is that while I have recaptcha enabled it is not appearing on the register form either (I have the api codes in)

Japhy_Snyder
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Japhy_Snyder » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:53 pm

I disabled all captcha and unchecked it in global. Now I have submit form take me to a blank page instead. I turned on error reporting and was told

Fatal error: Call to a member function checkAnswer() on a non-object in .../public_html/blog/libraries/cms/form/rule/captcha.php on line 52

Code: Select all

<?php 
/** 
* @package     Joomla.Libraries 
* @subpackage  Form 
* @copyright   Copyright (C) 2005 - 2010 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved. 
* @license     GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt 
*/ 

defined('JPATH_PLATFORM') or die; 

/** 
* Form Rule class for the Joomla Framework. 
* @package     Joomla.Libraries 
* @subpackage  Form 
* @since       2.5 
*/ 
class JFormRuleCaptcha extends JFormRule 
{ 
    /** 
     * Method to test if the Captcha is correct. 
     * @param   SimpleXMLElement  $element  The SimpleXMLElement object representing the <field /> tag for the form field object. 
     * @param   mixed             $value    The form field value to validate. 
     * @param   string            $group    The field name group control value. This acts as as an array container for the field. 
     *                                      For example if the field has name="foo" and the group value is set to "bar" then the 
     *                                      full field name would end up being "bar[foo]". 
     * @param   JRegistry         $input    An optional JRegistry object with the entire data set to validate against the entire form. 
     * @param   JForm             $form     The form object for which the field is being tested. 
     * @return  boolean  True if the value is valid, false otherwise. 
     * @since   2.5 
     */ 
    public function test(SimpleXMLElement $element, $value, $group = null, JRegistry $input = null, JForm $form = null) 
    { 
        $plugin    = $element['plugin'] ?: JFactory::getApplication()->getParams()->get('captcha', JFactory::getConfig()->get('captcha', 0)); 
        $namespace = $element['namespace'] ?: $form->getName(); 

// Use 0 for none 
        if ($plugin === 0 || $plugin === '0') 
        { 
            return true; 
        } 
        else 
        { 
            $captcha = JCaptcha::getInstance($plugin, array('namespace' => (string) $namespace)); 
        } 

// Test the value. 
        if (!$captcha->checkAnswer($value)) 
        { 
            $error = $captcha->getError(); 

if ($error instanceof Exception) 
            { 
                return $error; 
            } 
            else 
            { 
                return new JException($error);