Guest Access Disabled on Logout

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
kevinburk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Guest Access Disabled on Logout

Post by kevinburk » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:52 am

I'm encountering an interesting issue. I've set up a "Login" menu for Guest Access, so it's only visible to people who are not logged in. Once a person logs in, this menu is replaced by a "My Account" menu, which is visible only to registered users.

The issue is that when a registered user logs out, they're no longer recognized as a guest, and the "Login" menu is no longer available.

I've tried clearing the browser cache and this doesn't fix the issue. It also doesn't seem to matter if I clear the Joomla cache.

Is there some session setting that I'm missing?

If it matters (and it might) the Login and Logout is being handled through Community Builder, not through Joomla itself.

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Guest Access Disabled on Logout

Post by brian » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:41 am

What is the value for Guest user group in administrator/index.php?option=com_config&view=component&component=com_users
If it is not Guest then thats the problem
If it is Guest then I think your suspicion might be correct and its something to do with how CB handles the logins
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

kevinburk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kevinburk » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:27 pm

Thank you so much!

For whatever reason, I don't have an actual "Guest" user group — just a "Guest" access level, and the Guest Access setting was set to Public.

I created a "Guest 2" group (and Guest 2 access) and all is well.

kevinburk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kevinburk » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:51 pm

It worked for about 2 minutes. Now I can't get it to work at all.

I've created multiple different guest-level user groups and access levels and set the Guest user group access accordingly. I can't get the "Guest" group menus to show up.

I got it to work — again, only once — setting the ACL to "Special" and changing that.

After a single log-in and log-out test, the "Guest" login menu never appears again.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”