Cannot edit category Joomla 3.4

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Inquirer
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Cannot edit category Joomla 3.4

Post by Inquirer » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:23 am

I am the superuser of a site in development. I am trying to edit a category but it never opens up the edit screen. There is no error message. It just flashes once and same screen is displayed. It is Joomla 3.4 Help Please.

itoctopus
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Cannot edit category Joomla 3.4

Post by itoctopus » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:01 am

It's the first time I hear of such an issue. Is the link in the address bar changing when you try to edit the category? Are you seeing any JavaScript error in the console when you try to edit the category (if you see a JS error, then this means you have a JavaScript conflict somewhere, or, it might be that your website is hacked).

Does the problem happen for all categories (e.g. newlsetter categories, etc...) or is it only happening in article categories.

Also, does the problem happen for old categories, new categories, or both?

The last 2 questions will help determine if the problem is related to the assets table.
http://www.itoctopus.com - Joomla consulting at its finest
https://twitter.com/itoctopus - Follow us on Twitter

Inquirer
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Cannot edit category Joomla 3.4

Post by Inquirer » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:43 pm

Thanks for the reply. I managed to solve the problem. While doing other work I kept trying and suddenly it worked. How did this happen I do not know. I was busy preparing articles assigning them to menus etc.. So that is the story. Curiously enough there was ne error message nothing. I hope it will not happen again.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”