Iframe pushes other content downward in 3.2

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Lxg
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Iframe pushes other content downward in 3.2

Post by Lxg » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:14 pm

I have one page where the main content is an Iframe and another where an IFrame is a module in a sidebar. In both cases the content and sidebar appear side by side in 3.1.5 but in 3.2 and 3.2.1 the non-iframe content does not appear until below the Iframe. Please see :

Ottawaoc.ca/sandbox2 - 3.1.5 ; ottawaoc.ca/joomooc 3.2 ; ottawaoc.ca/sandbox 3.2.1

pages: events -> full calendar (in sandbox2); events -> more -> full calendar in the other 2
and events -> summer solstice (in sandbox2) events->year round events -> summer solstice (in sandbox) (it has been changed to not an iframe in joomooc but the iframe looks better)

Is this a bug in 3.2 or is there something I can do to get the 3.1.5 display? I don't see any reference to others experiencing this.

Many thanks for any help on this.

bradm
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Iframe pushes other content downward in 3.2

Post by bradm » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi Lxg,

I'm not sure if this is a Joomla issue or a template / css issue.

To confirm the problem, is it that at ottawaoc.ca/joomooc the left frame and bottom right frames don't scroll down together? I'm looking at the 3 urls you provided, but am not 100% of what the issue is.
Please let me know if I can help any further.
Thanks, BradM, with http://www.inmotionhosting.com Support

Lxg
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Lxg » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Thanks Bradm for looking at this.

Just after submitting this, I thought I should have a look at this with a core template so changed sandbox to use Protostar. It is not a problem there. I thought I had submitted an update but it doesn't seem to be there. Sorry about that. So - the current situation is that the one place to see the situation is in http://ottawaoc.ca/joomooc/index.php/ev ... l-calendar. I am looking for them to be side-by-side as in http://ottawaoc.ca/sandbox/index.php/ev ... l-calendar.The calendar is in an iframe and it seems to be pushing the module in the right sidebar downward. We are going to contact our template folks but if you have any idea where to look for problems here, we are certainly open to suggestions.

bradm
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by bradm » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi @Lxg,

I'm sorry, I'm just not understanding or not seeing the issue. I've attached a screenshot with some notes showing what I see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please let me know if I can help any further.
Thanks, BradM, with http://www.inmotionhosting.com Support

Lxg
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Lxg » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:33 pm

I see your confusion. I am not at my own computer now but I will have to try on various computers and check with a few other people as I don't see what you see. Thanks again for looking at this.
Just looked at it on this little travel computer and it looks fine - very different than on my own computer on any browser!

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”