Unable to update welcome page

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Kylene
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Unable to update welcome page

Post by Kylene » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:37 am

I am using Joomla 3.2.1 and I am unable to update the welcome page. I modified the article, saved and published it. However, it still shows the old article. I tried creating a new welcome page with a different name but it will not publish. I went into the menu manager, selected home, and made sure the appropriate article was selected. Still no luck. What else can I try? Thanks!

joey1155
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Unable to update welcome page

Post by joey1155 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:11 am

Kylene,

Try this. Update your welcome page (Home) with your new article. Save and close>system>clear cache>Check all boxes>delete>View the front-end of your website>refresh.

arzu69
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by arzu69 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Delete your cache of your browser and then check. Hope your issue will be resolved. If you need any help then tell me
Web Designing & Development Services

http://www.globalsoftsolutions.pk

Kylene
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Kylene » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:02 am

Thanks for helping me!! I followed your instructions and deleted the cache on both the administrative end of the website and on my personal computer. I didn't work. Do you have any other ideas?

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”