Image management in any content or article

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
scubabyss
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Image management in any content or article

Post by scubabyss » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi,
It seems to me that on the long term, image management can become a pain. Article or any other contain might be deleted and the images that are linked in these deletes article remain in the Image folder.
Of course someone could decide to create a folder per article and therefore delete the image in the folder as well as the folder when the article is deleted.

Is there a better way in Joomla such as to list all orphan images regardless of the type of content, in a similar way as DocMan lists the orphan files in Backend?

Have you heard about such image management component ?

Thank for your help

jcms
I've been banned!

Re: Image management in any content or article

Post by jcms » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:08 pm

nearadmin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nearadmin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:29 pm

Or, perhaps, generate a list of images (files & pictures) in use on the website. Not sure is SIGE will do that.

scubabyss
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by scubabyss » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:37 am

Agreed, SIGE will be of no help, but anyway thanks for the suggestion. Many images integrated in articles are not coming from an image gallery. They are just added with the image tool of the editor from the images directory.

I am pretty sure that such tool does not exist. It should be part of the CMS as a basic maintenance tool. A workaround is to create a subdirectory per article in order to know what you could deleted when deleting an article. That's awful!
Last edited by scubabyss on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nearadmin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nearadmin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:34 pm

I envision a query to the database but that, unfortunately, is beyond my skill level. Any database gurus have a suggestion?

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”