Refreshing job posting articles on career page

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
nmrecruiter
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Refreshing job posting articles on career page

Post by nmrecruiter » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:57 pm

I am a new Joomla and am using the article manager to manage job postings. Since I don't know SQL, I carefully cut and paste between the commands and we use the same postings over and over. Is there a way that I can refresh the posting so job boards will pick it up?I've tried changing the publishing start and finish dates and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Refreshing job posting articles on career page

Post by imanickam » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:20 am

Please provide more details such as how the posting are shown? Is any kind of blog layout is shown? If the sort order has been changed in the menu item to sort the articles by the modified date or published date?

Also, what is your site's URL so that others can see what is happening and offer suggestions?
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

nmrecruiter
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nmrecruiter » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:36 pm

Our jobs are posted at www.ninyoandmoore.com/careers/job. Don't think there's any blog layout. I've removed all dates except modified dates to see if that makes a difference but will check the menu iten to see how it's sorting. Appreciate the help very much!

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:15 am

What is the menu item type for the menu item Search Jobs? Is this a hidden menu item?
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”