Joomla backend keeps kicking me out

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
JFA
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joomla backend keeps kicking me out

Post by JFA » Fri May 22, 2015 10:48 pm

I just installed a fresh Joomla ! 3.4.1, and I installed is as a Farsi site and I downloaded the language pack. I am going into the menu to add new menu items, but as soon as I click on Menu item type, it kick me out to the login screen.

jcms
I've been banned!

Re: Joomla backend keeps kicking me out

Post by jcms » Sat May 23, 2015 6:12 am

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Sun May 24, 2015 12:42 am

Did jcms's suggestion fix the problem?

Other suggestions:

Check User Permission for creating menu/menu item:

(1) From Global Config, go to Menus Manager on the left-hand list, then click Options (button right hand top side). Check the permissions for creating menus. Are all actions "allowed" for your particular user log on / user gorup level - you should be logging on at least as Admin if not Super Admin.

Does it give you any indication of "that action is not allowed" or does it just kick you out without any error message?

Session Lifetime:
(2) Another reason I can think of, check your session lifetime under Global Configuration / System - increase from default 15, to say 30 or higher. Don't set it too high, but if it fixes the issue leave it at the new setting. At 15 minutes, it may be logging you out if the system is logged in but no activity is detected within that time frame.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

JFA
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by JFA » Tue May 26, 2015 11:35 pm

I already had the language pack installed and it made the site RTL. I changed the session lifetime as suggested and so far is working, hopefully it will stay like this.
Another issue is that when I type in Persian my font shows as ???

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”