Two-factor authentication and google account

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
kury
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Two-factor authentication and google account

Post by kury » Mon May 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Hello, I have a question about two-factor authentication and google account.

My users authenticate them-self with their google passwords (with the google authentication plugin). Some people have activated the two-factor authentication in their google account. And it seems that the two-factor authentication of joomla has no interaction with the two-factor authentication of my users (of their google profile). I've done a lot of tests, with all of the possibility, no result.
So my users must create an "application code" with google, and authenticate them-self with it, without other password. It's not a good solution.... and many of my users won't to do it.

It is possible to "switch" the two-factor authentication of joomla with the two-factor authentication of google accounts ? Or tell to joomla to use the google account policy and its two-factor authentication ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

kury
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Two-factor authentication and google account

Post by kury » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Hello!

Does anyone have an answer to give me please ? It becomes a big problem for my users...

Please help me
Thanks in advance

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”