Single User cannot see Edit and New buttons Front End

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
pgrgrl
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Single User cannot see Edit and New buttons Front End

Post by pgrgrl » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:38 pm

I have a new user who cannot see the Edit and New buttons on articles when logged in to the front end.

However, when I sign in as this user, I can see them and it functions correctly. I also have other users with the exact same user group permission levels and they are not having any problems.

The user has tried with both Firefox and MSIE and cannot see them from any of several computers. I asked the user to check that Javascript is enabled on the browsers, and it is.

Anyone have any ideas?

Update: It occurred to me that it might be a problem with how the user's ISP is serving the pages since I can't duplicate this problem, and the user tried on 3 different computers and 2 browsers, and they have in common that they are all on the same internet connection. I am using Cloudflare and I am going to experiment with turning off RocketLoader and Auto-Minify.

normdouglas
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Single User cannot see Edit and New buttons Front End

Post by normdouglas » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:32 pm

It's possible that that user has been expressly denied at the category level?
Step1. Read the instructions. Step2. Refer to step 1. Step 3. Backup

pgrgrl
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Single User cannot see Edit and New buttons Front End

Post by pgrgrl » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:49 am

No, I can log in as that user and it all works. But I think I have solved the mystery, the User is looking at the WRONG PAGE on the website. *sigh*

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”