delete disabled templates?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
cazbart
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

delete disabled templates?

Post by cazbart » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:57 pm

Hi everyone - can you please tell me
Do I need to discover and [re] install the unused templates so I can delete them entirely?

doing a clean up - thanks Caz

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: delete disabled templates?

Post by AMurray » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:14 am

You should be able to uninstall the template you don't need.

Go to Extensions > Manage > Manage then search (filter) the extension by "type" e.g. "Template". Find the one you want to uninstall, and select it (click the check-box), then click the Uninstall button.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

cazbart
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cazbart » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:40 am

Thank you A Murray for replying to me. I am sorry I did not explain properly - I meant to say they have been disabled so they do not show up on that list now. So is my only choice to kill them off - discover, install and then uninstall?

Caz

Australia

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:17 am

OK, I don't think the templates being disabled would make a difference - they are still installed in the system. Disabled extensions (under Extensions > Manage) should be visible regardless.

Are you in the Extensions manager (not the Template manager), and can you see any disabled items at all, including the templates you're asking about? If so, you just click the item, then click "Uninstall" as I described above.

You might have the list showing active items only so you may have to change the search/filter options to show all items, or disabled items, as well as extension type, "Template" (also it may need to be on "Administrator" type rather than "site" type (although it should be OK as "Site" since you're trying to uninstall front-end site templates.

Your method might work (discover, install, uninstall - try and see) but it's not the usual method I would use especially if the templates still exist.

Somone else might have a clearer understanding of your question if I am missing the point.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

cazbart
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

SOLVED Re: delete disabled templates?

Post by cazbart » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:24 am

Thank you again AMurray. yes I was in the Extension Manager and my only filter was templates.

The disabled templates did not appear.

If i clicked on Discover they did show so I have discovered, installed and then uninstalled them. Fixed it!

Caz

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”