Cloudflare

Discussion regarding Joomla! 3.x Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
pranabmistry
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Cloudflare

Post by pranabmistry » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Is cloudflare really helps to speed up a site's performance? I have started using cloudflare on my site sitestalk.com.......but not sure..its helping me or not....... I am using the free account offered by cloudflare.....updated the dns information as cloudflare provided for me on setting of my account.......

suggestion plz.....
With Regards
Pranab Mistry

josh2015
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Cloudflare

Post by josh2015 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:09 am

Yes, cloudflare and it is advisable to use Content Delivery Network (CDN) since it improves performance greatly, check your Google page speed with and without to see your how it improve your performance score

pranabmistry
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by pranabmistry » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:47 pm

Thank you for your reply........if you plz suggest me..which is the best configuration of cloudflare for Joomla sites (I am using the free service offered by cloudflare)
With Regards
Pranab Mistry

josh2015
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by josh2015 » Sat May 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Basic setup will just work fine

pranabmistry
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by pranabmistry » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Thanks Josh
With Regards
Pranab Mistry

fatima210
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by fatima210 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:00 pm

since it improves performance greatly, check your Google page speed with and without to see your how it improve your performance score

***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****_____

pranabmistry
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by pranabmistry » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:00 pm

Thanks Fatima..... yes it helps me
With Regards
Pranab Mistry

ribo
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by ribo » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:32 pm

Basic Cloudfare is good but you will not see a big boost in your speed. I don't know about the results of a paid Cloudfare. My opinion about a great boost of speed is to change host level from a shared hosting to a vps or to a dedicated to handle only your resources, near in your needs with a good configuration and to have location near to your visitors
chat room spontes : http://www.spontes.com

pranabmistry
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by pranabmistry » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:15 am

Thanks Ribo for this very helpful information
With Regards
Pranab Mistry

KnownSyntax
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by KnownSyntax » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:43 am

It all depends on where you are in relation towards your server. Yes you might be in the same state and have the fastest loading times, however does the rest of your user base belong to the same country, if they do then how far away are they from the server?
Using CloudFlare it might all seem like it can slow down your loading times, however it creates a very steady average on loading times for all of your pages. Other benefits include using less bandwidth since it makes a cache of everything static and some things dynamic, and you have other benefits if you pay compared to staying as a free account.

All in all; is it worth it? The answer that many people will agree with will be a yes.

jootify
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jootify » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:23 am

Cloudflare free is good,but you need tweaking based on your configuration.

It depends also what kind of host are you,if your on shared,vps or dedicated.

For example after you integer it,some features might break your website in backend like the rocket loader witch is BETA,does a great work,but you need custom rules to not load in /administrator for example,else you might get annoying stuff on the backend,that you don`t want.
To me it happen,on module,to display again and again an popup ,saying if i want to copy an module,of course without doing nothing,and after i reloaded again and again ,still does appear,i fixed the problem now,but things are not just like shoot and go.

Also if your in shared hosting with no cloudflare into your cpanel and easily integration,the cloudflare might break the cpanel login,more exactly the /cpanel haves an security function that needs to be tweaked up via whm,after you changed the dns.

The file manager won`t work,with the ROCKET LOADER activated.

Application like piwik mobile2,it will give you error,if you try to login,but this problem can be solved,by upgrading to pro version of cloudflare.

And that`s only a few ,of the problems,that i did have till now!

If things are not setup good,based on your configuration and needs,can cause you alot of problem,if you can tell me your website,and provide me more details,i can help you to setup it good!

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 3.x”