Joomla Search too slow

Discussion regarding Joomla! 3.x Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Calydo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla Search too slow

Post by Calydo » Fri May 27, 2016 11:58 am

Hi there,

how can i speed up my Joomla search?

My issue:

I operate a Joomla Website with more than 3000 posts and articles.
This site include also the Joomla search module. If i use it and search by a keyword, it take more than a minute, until the search entries will be displayed. The phenomenon occur especially for search words, which will part of a lot of posts and articles, like "Joomla". If i search after a title of a special article the search time is acceptable.

That have i done:

1. I've indicated all posts and articles with the Joomla Smart Search option in Joomla Backend.
2. I've tested it on several servers with different performance, which don't solve the issue.

Maybee somebody have a hint, how can i solve this issue.

Best Calydo

Calydo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla Search too slow

Post by Calydo » Sun May 29, 2016 8:39 pm

Hi rocky 123,

thx for your fine article. We've done the most of your points. We also optimize our database, but nothing change.

I think it could be a server issue. Thereby my question. What system and database requirements should a good server have for our application with more than 3000 posts and articles?

Best Calydo

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 3.x”