2.5.24 to 3.3.3 ... [discovered one cause of 1062 error]

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
mikerotec
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

2.5.24 to 3.3.3 ... [discovered one cause of 1062 error]

Post by mikerotec » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:01 pm

It's getting closer.
I meticulously checked, and then uninstalled all non-3.x compatible extensions.
I checked the database.
I disabled "remember" - and even renamed its php file for good measure.

But one-click upgrade isn't quite there yet :(

I still get this:

Code: Select all

1062 - An error has occurred.
Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=-- -- Dumping data for table `j25_content_types` (etc)
followed by this error in the control panel:

Error
NN_JOOMLA2_VERSION_ON_JOOMLA3
Hitting “review messages” does not display any messages, rather it gives a blank (blue) screen with menu items running along the left side… Still getting ‘white-screened’ if trying to get into any “joomla” panels – whereas 3rd-party ones appear quite functional.

What am I missing?
Last edited by mikerotec on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikerotec
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: 2.5.24 to 3.3.3 ... close, but no cigar

Post by mikerotec » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:09 pm

Trying upgrade again, this time with added steps of

1) Run ACL manager

2) DISABLING all of the non-system (3rd-party) extensions… everything that wasn't authored by "joomla".

This time – after the update, I still get…

Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=-- -- Dumping data for table `j25_content_types (etc)
And this time – “review messages” give me

An error has occurred.
 404 Component not found
 Return to Control Panel
As usual, most “joomla” links whitescreen – including the all-important extension manager. But THIS TIME, I was able to get into the Global Configuration – and I turned error reporting to “Maximum”. Virtually everything is working in the Global configuration. So at least, I can now see the whitescreen errors…

On Extension manager, for example

Notice: Undefined property: InstallerController::$input in /mysite/html/administrator/components/com_installer/controller.php on line 39

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /mysite/html/administrator/components/com_installer/controller.php on line 39

I get very similar controller.php errors on pretty much every “joomla” page... ???

So, what's the fix for this "1062" error??? Anybody know?

mikerotec
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by mikerotec » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:33 pm

PS: Also, trying administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&task=database.fix yields the error…

An error has occurred.
 1054 Unknown column 'title_alias' in 'j25_content' SQL=ALTER TABLE `j25_content` CHANGE `title_alias` `title_alias` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

mikerotec
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by mikerotec » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:57 pm

BREAKTHROUGH!

Issues are related to "legacy" of previous 1.7-2.5 upgrade.
Some googling led me to look inside of

/var/www/html/~MySite~/html/administrator/components/com_admin/sql/updates/mysql

And in there ( amongst files prefixed with 2.5, 3.0. 3.1, 3.3) I found a number of SQL files starting with 1.7.

I DELETED ALL THE 1.7* sql files.

then...

BINGO!!! :D Running administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&task=database.fix again.
This cleans the glitch considerably.

Database table structure is up to date.
• Other Information
• Database schema version (in #__schemas): 3.3.0-2014-04-02.
• Update version (in #__extensions): 3.3.3.
• Database driver: mysqli.
• 83 database changes were checked successfully.
• 138 database changes did not alter table structure and were skipped.

No more issues with the "joomla" pages. I can get into the Extension manager now... enabling those 60-odd extensions again...

Moral of the story - before upgrading from 2.5.x to 3.x ... be sure to purge the system of any old 1.x SQL files!!

Someone should sticky this issue, I spent three days trying to figure out what was going on!

chrisjclay
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: 2.5.24 to 3.3.3 ... [discovered one cause of 1062 error]

Post by chrisjclay » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:34 pm

Thanks for posting this! I ran into the same error during a J2.5 -> 3 upgrade and your solution was very helpful.

Chris
Clay & Co.
Web development powered by Joomla!

Web: www.clayco.ca
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/clayco_ca

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:15 am

The update should only process those files with a number greater than your installed version. For some reason that algorithm is not reliable. Suggest to make sure they don't exist in com_admin and remove them from the update as well. Or move to an environment where it works!
Issue with migrating? Include logs/joomla_update.php in your report!
Blank screen? Verify pagesource for HTML code (javascript error)
Installation failing on populating database? Install with set_time_limit(0)
Document your customizations!

miggalvez
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by miggalvez » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Thank you!!! You've solved a mystery that has given me weeks of frustration.

dawaster
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dawaster » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:19 pm

Excellent fix - saved me a bit of work
"Good things come to those who loaf"

polyzois12
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by polyzois12 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:09 am

I deleted all 1.7 entries as you suggest.
Then I see this :
Notice: Undefined property: LoginController::$input in C:\wamp\www\mysite\administrator\components\com_login\controller.php on line 36
and this
Fatal error: Call to a member function set() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\mysite\administrator\components\com_login\controller.php on line 36
When i go back the joomla update starts again with the same Notice and Fatal error.
Any suggestion ?

polyzois12
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by polyzois12 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:30 am

mikerotec wrote:BREAKTHROUGH!
BINGO!!! :D Running administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&task=database.fix again.
This cleans the glitch considerably.
How to do this?

polyzois12
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by polyzois12 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:31 am

With topic Upgrading 2.5.24 to 3.3 Error 1091 [RESOLVED]
I solved all problems.
Thank you all

btwebmedia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by btwebmedia » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Worked for me also. Thanks for the fix.

dfirsching
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dfirsching » Tue May 12, 2015 2:36 am

THANK YOU FOR THAT BREAKTHROUGH!
I was tearing my hair out...

atolli
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by atolli » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:56 pm

I am having same issue. I have 1.7 files. I deleted them. Run FIX
Database schema version (in #__schemas): 2.5.28.
Update version (in #__extensions): 2.5.28.
Database driver: mysqli.
37 database changes were checked successfully.
44 database changes did not alter table structure and were skipped.
and then run upgrade, correct sequence I hope?!
Disabled all modules/plugins non joomla.
gives me again, ANY CLUES?
Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=-- -- Dumping data for table `cy9ar_content_types` -- INSERT INTO `cy9ar_content_types` (`type_id`, `type_title`, `type_alias`, `table`, `rules`, `field_mappings`,`router`) VALUES (1, 'Article', 'com_content.article', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__content","key":"id","type":"Content","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"title","core_state":"state","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created","core_modified_time":"modified","core_body":"introtext", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"publish_up","core_publish_down":"publish_down","core_access":"access", "core_params":"attribs", "core_featured":"featured", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"images", "core_urls":"urls", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"ordering", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"catid", "core_xreference":"xreference", "asset_id":"asset_id"}], "special": [{"fulltext":"fulltext"}]}','ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute'), (2, 'Contact', 'com_contact.contact', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__contact_details","key":"id","type":"Contact","prefix":"ContactTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"name","core_state":"published","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created","core_modified_time":"modified","core_body":"address", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"publish_up","core_publish_down":"publish_down","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"featured", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"image", "core_urls":"webpage", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"ordering", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"catid", "core_xreference":"xreference", "asset_id":"null"}], "special": [{"con_position":"con_position","suburb":"suburb","state":"state","country":"country","postcode":"postcode","telephone":"telephone","fax":"fax","misc":"misc","email_to":"email_to","default_con":"default_con","user_id":"user_id","mobile":"mobile","sortname1":"sortname1","sortname2":"sortname2","sortname3":"sortname3"}]}','ContactHelperRoute::getContactRoute'), (3, 'Newsfeed', 'com_newsfeeds.newsfeed', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__newsfeeds","key":"id","type":"Newsfeed","prefix":"NewsfeedsTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"name","core_state":"published","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created","core_modified_time":"modified","core_body":"description", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"publish_up","core_publish_down":"publish_down","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"featured", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"images", "core_urls":"link", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"ordering", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"catid", "core_xreference":"xreference", "asset_id":"null"}], "special": [{"numarticles":"numarticles","cache_time":"cache_time","rtl":"rtl"}]}','NewsfeedsHelperRoute::getNewsfeedRoute'), (4, 'User', 'com_users.user', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__users","key":"id","type":"User","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"name","core_state":"null","core_alias":"username","core_created_time":"registerdate","core_modified_time":"lastvisitDate","core_body":"null", "core_hits":"null","core_publish_up":"null","core_publish_down":"null","access":"null", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"null", "core_metadata":"null", "core_language":"null", "core_images":"null", "core_urls":"null", "core_version":"null", "core_ordering":"null", "core_metakey":"null", "core_metadesc":"null", "core_catid":"null", "core_xreference":"null", "asset_id":"null"}], "special": [{}]}','UsersHelperRoute::getUserRoute'), (5, 'Article Category', 'com_content.category', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__categories","key":"id","type":"Category","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"title","core_state":"published","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created_time","core_modified_time":"modified_time","core_body":"description", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"null","core_publish_down":"null","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"null", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"null", "core_urls":"null", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"null", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"parent_id", "core_xreference":"null", "asset_id":"asset_id"}], "special": [{"parent_id":"parent_id","lft":"lft","rgt":"rgt","level":"level","path":"path","extension":"extension","note":"note"}]}','ContentHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute'), (6, 'Contact Category', 'com_contact.category', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__categories","key":"id","type":"Category","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"title","core_state":"published","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created_time","core_modified_time":"modified_time","core_body":"description", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"null","core_publish_down":"null","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"null", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"null", "core_urls":"null", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"null", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"parent_id", "core_xreference":"null", "asset_id":"asset_id"}], "special": [{"parent_id":"parent_id","lft":"lft","rgt":"rgt","level":"level","path":"path","extension":"extension","note":"note"}]}','ContactHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute'), (7, 'Newsfeeds Category', 'com_newsfeeds.category', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__categories","key":"id","type":"Category","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"title","core_state":"published","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created_time","core_modified_time":"modified_time","core_body":"description", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"null","core_publish_down":"null","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"null", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"null", "core_urls":"null", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"null", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"parent_id", "core_xreference":"null", "asset_id":"asset_id"}], "special": [{"parent_id":"parent_id","lft":"lft","rgt":"rgt","level":"level","path":"path","extension":"extension","note":"note"}]}','NewsfeedsHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute'), (8, 'Tag', 'com_tags.tag', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__tags","key":"tag_id","type":"Tag","prefix":"TagsTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"title","core_state":"published","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created_time","core_modified_time":"modified_time","core_body":"description", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"null","core_publish_down":"null","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"featured", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"images", "core_urls":"urls", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"null", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"null", "core_xreference":"null", "asset_id":"null"}], "special": [{"parent_id":"parent_id","lft":"lft","rgt":"rgt","level":"level","path":"path"}]}','TagsHelperRoute::getTagRoute');

atolli
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by atolli » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:05 pm

And returning to control panel I see
the top menu (normal) on the left side. and blank screen
if I press on any item nothing happens.

gilles007
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by gilles007 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:09 pm

Thanks mikerotec!
This worked for me as well. (remove 1.7x sql files and perform a database fix)
Cheers!

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”