Upgrade from 2.5.27-3.3.6 now fatal fbcnt.php error line 12

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
phmjr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Upgrade from 2.5.27-3.3.6 now fatal fbcnt.php error line 12

Post by phmjr » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:24 pm

I upgraded and when I tried to go in the front end I got a full page "server choked on what you just pulled" error. I know that sometimes it takes a bit bit for the server to digest all the changes, so I waited awhile before trying again. When I did I got the following message:

Warning: require_once(/home/princehm/public_htmlDScomponentsDScom_fbcntDScontroller.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/princehm/public_html/plugins/content/fbcnt/fbcnt.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/princehm/public_htmlDScomponentsDScom_fbcntDScontroller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/princehm/public_html/plugins/content/fbcnt/fbcnt.php on line 12

That was last night. Today I got the same message on the front end, but was able to get into the back end. Awesome, right? Not quite.

FBCNT is a Facebook Connect module/plugin. I tried disabling it, but I still get the error message on the front end, and strangely I am getting that message on some areas in the adminstrator side. I then found that the module was outdated and was able to install the one for 3.x, but when I try to enable it I get the error message again.

Someone please help. I need a solution that will enable me to get past this error and my site back online with as little downtime and effort as possible. The backup I made of the 2.5.27 site was corrupted so all I have is the existing broken site to work with.

Added---------------------------------------------------------------

I ran across some info regarding the DS constant structure being deprecated but still used by some developers and still used by some extensions. I was able to install a plugin to fix that issue, but I am no longer able to publish/unpublish from the admin interface without getting the same error.

Nailing a fix to this is imperative because I have another site also running 2.5.27 and using Facebook Connect that I will have to update soon as well. Thanks in advance.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Upgrade from 2.5.27-3.3.6 now fatal fbcnt.php error line

Post by toivo » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:31 am

I then found that the module was outdated and was able to install the one for 3.x, but when I try to enable it I get the error message again.
You should check if the old version is still present in the file system and the extension table.

Which particular extension is this in Joomla Extension Directory (JED)? If it is a paid extension, you should be able to get assistance from the developer.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Upgrade from 2.5.27-3.3.6 now fatal fbcnt.php error line

Post by sovainfo » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:15 am

Advice to start a proper migration project for your site! Updating Joomla from 2.5.27 to 3.3.6 should be only a step somewhere in the middle of your project. Search this site for Practical Guide.

Would advice against the plugin to compensate the removal of DS. Would advice against any extension still using DS or DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR as its replacement for that matter. Extensions should have been updated and use / in their paths. It is very rare that there is indeed use for DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.
Issue with migrating? Include logs/joomla_update.php in your report!
Blank screen? Verify pagesource for HTML code (javascript error)
Installation failing on populating database? Install with set_time_limit(0)
Document your customizations!

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”