500 - JHtmlBehavior::mootools not found.

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
deleted user

Re: 500 - JHtmlBehavior::mootools not found.

Post by deleted user » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:15 am

During the upgrade, the 2.5 version of JHtml (stored at libraries/joomla/html/html.php) should be deleted and the version at libraries/cms/html/html.php should be used post-upgrade. Assuming that part has happened correctly, if you have an extension that is still calling the JHtmlBehavior::mootools method (which you can verify is not in the correct version of the JHtml class), then that extension is not compatible with Joomla 3 and the error message you're receiving is an indicator of that.

cowboysdude
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by cowboysdude » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:31 am

mbabker wrote:During the upgrade, the 2.5 version of JHtml (stored at libraries/joomla/html/html.php) should be deleted and the version at libraries/cms/html/html.php should be used post-upgrade. Assuming that part has happened correctly, if you have an extension that is still calling the JHtmlBehavior::mootools method (which you can verify is not in the correct version of the JHtml class), then that extension is not compatible with Joomla 3 and the error message you're receiving is an indicator of that.
The only extensions that are installed on my backup are Kunena and Akeeba nothing else except Joomla issued files are on my backup. SO at the moment I have made a sub dir off of my live site and am currently installing a fresh copy of joomla with nothing else installed and am going to do the backend joomla update to see if that works.

I can find no other explanation for this...

So you're telling me that after the upgrade I need to go in and delete files and the version of files from the other dir copied? Not really clear..

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:34 am

Joomla should delete the old file as part of the upgrade process. If it's still there, that's an indicator that something went wrong during the upgrade. Usually for file deletion issues, it's an issue with filesystem permissions. Does the web user have write access to the filesystem?

lu35
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lu35 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:02 am

Hi all,
During upgrading from 2.5 to 3.4 a solution I found for "500 - JHtmlBehavior::mootools not found." is to change the default template to a 3.4 compatible one. Don't know where I found it (I've did a lot of searching for a lot of errors during upgrading) but I thank the person who posted it. Maybe this helps anyone.
Regards.

ScottSenffner
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ScottSenffner » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:40 pm

the Gcalendar was my problem with the site.

Thanks for your help!

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”