500 - JHtmlBehavior::mootools not found.

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Bakual
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: 500 - JHtmlBehavior::mootools not found.

Post by Bakual » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:15 am

JHtmlBehavior::mootools has been removed in 3.0. As listed on http://docs.joomla.org/Potential_backwa ... tform_12.2

If you get this error, it means you have installed an extension which is not compatible with Joomla 3.x.
This may be the template, but could as well be any other extension.

If this extension still needs to load mootools, it has to use JHtmlBehavior::framework() instead.

permfriis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by permfriis » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:25 pm

had the same problem. I uninstalled the extention "Admin List Factory" and no show error after that.

konczal
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by konczal » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:02 pm

I had this problem after upgrading from 2.5.19 to 3.3.1. After reading this thread, I began disabling all third-party plugins, one by one, until the site worked. For my site it was this plugin that was causing the error:

System - GCalendar

dooboo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dooboo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Hello there,

I also have the 500 Error - JHtmlBehavior::mootools not found. on the backend after upgrading from J2.5 to J3.3. The front end of my site displays but has JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_LIBRARY_NOT_LOADING text showing.

As far as I know all extensions are up-to-date and J3 compatible. I have read I should find and replace JHtml::_('behavior.mootools'); with JHtml::_('behavior.framework'); in all PHP files.

I am a novice here. Does anyone know how I can quickly do a find/replace of this? I really have no idea and don't fancy opening up every PHP file on my site to do this!

Help would really be appreciated.

Bakual
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Bakual » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:09 pm

If it's showing that error, it means simply NOT all of your extensions are compatible with J3.
The PHP (Apache) error log file would show you exactly which file generated the error. That would make it easy to detect the faulty extension.

dooboo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dooboo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Hello Bakual,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I will go through my extensions again for a 4th time and see if I can find anything. From FTP can I find the PHP error log or should I speak with my hosting about this? Apologies for mundane questions - I'm still learning.

Bakual
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Bakual » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:29 pm

You should ask your hoster if you don't know where to find the log file. They can help for sure.

dooboo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dooboo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:35 pm

Thank you I will ask them. It is nice to have some advice in these matters. Appreciated.

dooboo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dooboo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:11 am

Hello Bakual,

In my error logo I have the following which is about the same time as a failed J3.3 migration from J2.5. Can you help me to understand what the issue is? ie template or something with Jat3?

[Tue Aug 05 17:53:58 2014] [error] File does not exist: /home/domains/mywebsite.com/plugins/system/jat3/core, referer: http://mywebsite.com/administrator/inde ... dit&id=120 [mywebsite.com]

Best regards
David

Bakual
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Bakual » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:52 am

Joomla tries to find a file related to a "jat3" system plugin which it doesn't find. This is while trying to edit a template style.
The plugin belongs to the JoomlArt T3 framework (http://www.joomlart.com/t3-framework-feature) which probably powers your template.

The error shouldn't be related to the mootools error you posted earlier. Try to search the log for mootools to find the correct log entry.

dooboo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dooboo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks for your advice. I will keep on searching

dooboo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dooboo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:19 am

Do you know what could be the result of this on the front end:

JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_LIBRARY_NOT_LOADING

Bakual
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Bakual » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:53 pm

There are two places where this string is used in core, both in the same method where it tries to load a library in JLibraryHelper.
It may actually be related to the plugin file which is not found. If that causes the loading of the T3 library to file, then this may be the source.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:09 pm

Maybe people should ead in principle this practical guide. Seems very often visited and is very helpful forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=710&t=793171

You can do a search for that extension by going to Extension Manager-->Manage and enter in the Filer/search "at3" or just "t3". That will show which extensions or framework stuff is still present

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

dooboo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dooboo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi Leo,

I actually read your article you pointed out to me (several times) and various others before starting the migration. Your article makes the J2.5 to J3 migration sound simple enough, but the fact is there are other problems which can occur even if you follow what you suggest.

For example, some extensions require you to uninstall them before migration, then upload then again. Simply upgrading to Joomla 3 compatible extensions before migration does not work with all extensions. When you hit an error, you then have to spend a long time trying to work out which extensions are causing the problem (even though you upgraded all extensions to J3 compatible and removed those that weren't).

For those who have limited knowledge on solving these migration problems, it is great to be able to turn to a forum for advice.

dooboo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dooboo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi Leo again,

It might be helpful to add these two points to your guide. It would have saved me some time:

1. To unpublish the 'System - Remember Me' plugin in J25, before migration, then repubish after migration.

2. To check that your php.ini file has 'magic_quotes_gpc' set to 'off'.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:46 pm

dooboo wrote:It might be helpful to add these two points to your guide.
I cannot edit the guide any longer. The first point came to light long after I published the guide and is a good and valid point: 1. To unpublish the 'System - Remember Me' plugin in J25, before migration, then republish after migration.
2. To check that your php.ini file has 'magic_quotes_gpc' set to 'off'.
is covered in Step1

Leo 8)

Bakual
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Bakual » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:53 pm

https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/3467 should fix the remember me issue (hopefully).

I just can't test it because the issue doesn't happen for me.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Bakual wrote:I just can't test it because the issue doesn't happen for me.
Same for me and on non of our 'serviced' client sites. We have seen on about a dozen assists on other packages the issue and have resolved this so thanks Thomas for the Github-link and I have bookmarked it now for a next issue we than can patch it before running snd see it if resolved so we can 'merge'

Leo 8)

dooboo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dooboo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Thanks Leo,

I have spent 3 days on the migration. I'm basically lacking knowledge to sort out my problem. If you have a spare few minutes, I'll outline where I'm at. Maybe you can throw me some pointers whilst I wait to see the PHP error log file (apparently refreshed every 4 hrs with my hosting).

Joomla backend
Displays but with a 1062 Error (attached).

You can navigate to the Control Panel but see following warning:
Warning
Error loading library: joomla, Library not found

Navigating to other sections on the backend then gives me:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /srv/disk2/www/mywebsite.com/administrator/components/com_content/controller.php on line 39

Site frontend
Front end of site displays correctly but with following warning:

Warnung
JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_LIBRARY_NOT_LOADING

Navigating to some other pages then gives you a blank page and:

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to JTableObserverTags::createObserver() must be an instance of JObservableInterface, instance of JTableContent given, called in /srv/disk2/www/mywebsite.com/libraries/legacy/table/content.php on line 33 and defined in /srv/disk2/www/mywebsite.com/libraries/joomla/table/observer/tags.php on line 81

Prior to migration I uninstalled every single 3rd party extension. When I did the migration, I created a new database.
I'm not expecting you to solve this in anyway, but you may have some useful pointers for me, somewhat a novice!

Wishing you all a nice day/evening.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bakual
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Bakual » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:20 pm

That definitively sounds like the update failed massively. Can you try FTP over the files from a downloaded zip?

dooboo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dooboo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi Bakual,

What would be the best way to do that? Download the latest stable J3 release, unzip it, then upload directly via FTP (not being able to unzip a folder via FTP).

dooboo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dooboo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:19 pm

I'm trying what you suggested. Will let you know.

Bakual
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Bakual » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:21 pm

Yep, download the full Joomla package from joomla.org, unzip it and upload it all except the installation folder, overwriting all existing files.

dooboo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dooboo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:50 pm

No that did not work. I just remembered that I could not publish the 'remember me' plugin once J3.3 had loaded, because I could not access any pages within the backend.

I think I need to stop here with my attempts at migration and just start J3.3 from scratch, then build up my site from the start. A scary thought, but maybe the best option now.

oneofthegeeks
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by oneofthegeeks » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:00 pm

I am getting a blank page after upgrading from 2.5 to 3.0

I have restored from backup and then get this error. I have even restored the database.

Any ideas on how to get my site back to original version. The backup is good and I tried one from a week ago and the one right before the upgrade.

Slackervaara
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Slackervaara » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:34 pm

I upgraded Joomla 2.5.25 to Joomla 3.3 locally and inactivated my Nonumber extensions first - Better Preview, Articles Anywhere and the Framework of Nonumber. Then after the upgrade I activated all, but when I activated Better Preview I got this error and t was unable to use the admin area.

I went to the extensions table with phpmyadmin and disabled Better Preview and then it worked again. Then I uninstalled Better Preview, installed it again and reinstalled Articles Anywhere and then all was OK.

anirudh7
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by anirudh7 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:49 pm

I guess its time to give up on Joomla, I thought I have enough while migrating from 1.5 to 2.5 and not 2.5 to 3.3 is another hurdle.

Instead of investing my time to rebuild, i guess I should give Wordpress a thought but I will see if the new migration department can be any helpful.

Slackervaara
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Slackervaara » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:25 pm

There are migration extensions that costs. Some report simple and succesful migrations with SP Transfer.

cowboysdude
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by cowboysdude » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:59 am

Bakual wrote:JHtmlBehavior::mootools has been removed in 3.0. As listed on http://docs.joomla.org/Potential_backwa ... tform_12.2

If you get this error, it means you have installed an extension which is not compatible with Joomla 3.x.
This may be the template, but could as well be any other extension.

If this extension still needs to load mootools, it has to use JHtmlBehavior::framework() instead.

Well that may be but in 3.3 it's back...

With very little help as to why...

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”