Migrating Joomla 3.4 to new server

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
littleanelie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Migrating Joomla 3.4 to new server

Post by littleanelie » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:53 am

Hi
I am having trouble migrating a copy of my site to a new server. DB issues sigh.

Would it be better to use akeeba and then import it to the new server? Would that include everything?

I have spend many hours on this and this is my last idea. I am not a developer so please dont send me code

Thanks in advance

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Migrating Joomla 3.4 to new server

Post by toivo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:23 am

Akeeba Backup works very well in moving sites: https://docs.joomla.org/Copying_a_Joomla_website#Akeeba - and check Akeeba's documentation at https://www.akeebabackup.com/documentat ... start.html

Your Joomla 3.4 is now out of date. You should consider upgrading it. You could use Akeeba Backup to copy your site to your workstation, running XAMPP or Wampserver and test the upgrade there first, to make sure that the templates and other extensions are fully compatible with the latest version.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

littleanelie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by littleanelie » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:55 am

Thanks for your reply. I have backup copies on my computer. 1 x jpa and 1 xzip.

I will upgrade to 3.6 when I am confident my current extensions works on it.

In the mean time Akeeba cannot migrate the file so I have had to upload it manually but the zip won't open.
It has decided to download back to my computer :(

Is kickstart a part of Akeeba?

littleanelie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by littleanelie » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:08 am

ok sorry but i think I need to go backwards here. i have kickstart.php file and my backup file. Please dont judge me. I am NOT a developer. So I need to install kickstart into a new joomla site? or is the php file all I nee? and yes I have watched the video

littleanelie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by littleanelie » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:54 am

If there is anyone that can help I am at the front setup of a new joomla install but I get the message

"Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Could not connect to MySQL."

everything is correct - database name, user name and password.
Any ideas?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:48 am

Run kickstart.php and the installation will begin. The jpa file must be present together with kickstart.php

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:19 pm

littleanelie wrote:everything is correct - database name, user name and password.
What about 'host' in the database settings, in other words the address of the database server?

Did you set up the database yourself in the cPanel provided by the host, or did you receive the connection details from your host?

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:30 am

littleanelie wrote:I will upgrade to 3.6 when I am confident my current extensions works on it.
Please post http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860 and we can help you with that question since you need to upgrade "yesterday" since the software version has multiple high level vulnerabilities which have been patched in Joomla 3.4.7 and Joomla 3.6.2. You can be hacked and whacked at any moment and you are lucky it has not yet happened to you

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

littleanelie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by littleanelie » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:28 am

It appears there are errors in the database so it is not fully loading. This is what I get in the Cpanel repair file for the database what does this mean please?

[xxxxxx_xxx.bqu1s_finder_links_termsb] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
[xxxxxx_xxx.bqu1s_finder_links_termsc] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
[xxxxxx_xxx.bqu1s_finder_links_termsd] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
[xxxxxx_xxx.bqu1s_finder_links_termse] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
[xxxxxx_xxx.bqu1s_finder_links_termsf] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
[xxxxxx_xxx.bqu1s_finder_taxonomy] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
[xxxxxx_xxx.bqu1s_finder_taxonomy_map] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
[xxxxxx_xxx.bqu1s_finder_terms] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
[xxxxxx_xxx.bqu1s_finder_terms_common] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
[xxxxxx_xxx.bqu1s_finder_tokens] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
[xxxxxx_xxx.bqu1s_finder_tokens_aggregate] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
[xxxxxx_xxx.bqu1s_finder_types] note: The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair

Thank you in advance Joomla site is now 3.5. 3.6 will happen when this is fixed I hope

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:01 am

That is a normal message for InnoDB tables like the Finder/Smart Search tables, which can be checked but not repaired like MyISAM tables. More info: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysqlcheck.html

Which errors indicated that there are issues in the database?

littleanelie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by littleanelie » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:28 am

I get an error on kickstart Sigh An error occured

The archive file is corrupt, truncated or archive parts are missing

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:30 pm

Ouch that is a bad one but as Nicholas of Akeebabackup always writes and included in the first line of the user manual: A non tested backup is useless.

I am afraid 'littleanelie' that your backup is corrupt and you will not be able to use that backup. I hope you have another good one

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”