Site down after migration

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
parfumat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by parfumat » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:49 pm

Hello joomla users, i am new here and i'm writing for your help. A client of mine recently bought an online newspaper with 40GB of files an 1GB of mysql database. The seller provided backups of files and mysql database. I migrated theese large files on localhost on xampp. All seemed well at the first place but the site was loading a bit slow. After that i placed it on a cloud server with:

24 GB RAM
8 Core vCPU 2,8 GHz
1000 GB SSHD in Cloud
High Availability Cluster
Cloud KVM
internet 100 Mbps
Cpanel

The problem is that the site now loads even slowly to time out on dedicated server as on localhost, i'm not familliar with joomla, but i think the site works so slow because of the database, maybe has something to do with the cache system, i don`t know. Please help!

itoctopus
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by itoctopus » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:16 pm

You will need to optimize the InnodDB settings on the database sever. A large and high traffic Joomla website cannot work properly without proper optimization of the database server (some times, you will also need to modify the core).
http://www.itoctopus.com - Joomla consulting at its finest
https://twitter.com/itoctopus - Follow us on Twitter

parfumat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Site down after migration

Post by parfumat » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:46 pm

Thank you for your quick answer. But i'm not familliar with theese techniques, can I pay someone to do it, do you know somewone who is capable?

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”