Template Terms and Conditions & Privacy Policy

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
joaojoomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Template Terms and Conditions & Privacy Policy

Post by joaojoomla » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:17 pm

I know that most templates come with Privacy policy and terms and conditions options.

However, since I have a multilanguage site, I must hide in the template the privacy policy and terms and conditions. Then I create a menu, associate a module to taht menu and create a category and an articles for privacy policy but I don't know why it doesn't show on the site.

Any suggestions to solve the problem and have both privacy policy and terms and conditions for a multilanguage site?

Thanks

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Template Terms and Conditions & Privacy Policy

Post by imanickam » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:05 am

What is your site's URL so that others can see what is happening?

What is the template that is being used?
How the Terms and Conditions & Privacy policy is implemented in the template?

Check whether the articles, corresponding categories and menu items are assigned to appropriate languages.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

joaojoomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Template Terms and Conditions & Privacy Policy

Post by joaojoomla » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:26 pm

URL: http://www.datae.pt
What is happening is that because "Terms and Conditions" and "Privacy Policy" were set via Joomla backoffice template, even if I create the articles, corresponding categories and menu items are assigned to appropriate languages when the links "Terms and Conditions" and "Privacy Policy" appear only in Portuguese and when I click them I have a 404 error.

But if I am in the "terms and conditions" or "privacy policy" pages in portuguese and switch (via flag) to the english page, Joomla doesn't give me any error. So the problem I think has to do with the configuration that the agency did in the Joomla backoffice template.

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”