Needed Three Local languages on Frontend

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
parabara
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Needed Three Local languages on Frontend

Post by parabara » Sat May 21, 2016 1:44 pm

Hello
I am running joomla 3.5.1 site with English language, Now I need to add 2 more local languages ( Sanskirt and Newari) Language. I need complete translation of Menu name, Content and other parts. Please suggest me.
Joomla Web site development in Nepal with SEO http://seonepal.com/web-design-nepal/cm ... esign.html

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Needed Three Local languages on Frontend

Post by imanickam » Sat May 21, 2016 4:14 pm

Glad to know that you want to build a website (with English, Sanskrit, and Newari languages) using Joomla! Unfortunately, right now, there are no Sanskrit and Newari language packs for Joomla 3.x.

Be known that the language packs are created, released, and maintained by volunteers just like you and me. Kindly let me know whether you would like to be a volunteer to create any of these language packs.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

parabara
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by parabara » Sat May 21, 2016 4:42 pm

Thank you for your reply.
So I need to install joomla on 2 different folders (sanskrit, Newari) to solve my Issue ?
Joomla Web site development in Nepal with SEO http://seonepal.com/web-design-nepal/cm ... esign.html

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Sun May 22, 2016 4:16 am

You may create independent site for each of the languages each one of them to be a sub-domain. However, as I mentioned earlier, the language packs Sanskrit and Newari are not available for Joomla! So, all the informational, warning and error messages would show up in English. In addition, all the text except for the ones you input would appear in English.

Also, with this approach, there may not be any correlation between the pages of different languages as they are not associated.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

parabara
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by parabara » Sun May 22, 2016 9:47 am

Thank you for your suggestion.

I just need to translate mainly content and menu only.

Thank you

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”