Multilanguage Category Blog and Featured articles

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
gandalf0777
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Multilanguage Category Blog and Featured articles

Post by gandalf0777 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:54 am

Hello,

I have a problem with my multilanguage website. I created menus for both of my languages and a default menu for all languages (which is disabled). All menus displays correctly.

I created and added categories and articles for one language and added them to menu as 'Category Blog', 'Single article' and 'Featured articles'. All displays correctly.

Then I created categories and articles for the second language. But when I try to add articles to the second language's menu I discovered that adding as a 'Single article' works and displays correctly while 'Category blog' and 'Featured articles' displays no content for the second language. Of course Featured articles and appropriate categories for the second language have all language set correctly to the second language.

Has anyone faced the problem like mine?

Kind regards,
Gandalf
Well...

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Multilanguage Category Blog and Featured articles

Post by imanickam » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:12 pm

In the Module Manager, publish the administrator module Multilanguage Status module and post the results of the Multilanguage Status module in your reply.

By any chance do you have any authors connected to the contacts?

Suggest reviewing the demo-cum-tutorial site http://multilingual-joomla-demo.cloudaccess.net/. Being a demo site, you could also log into the site's back-end and see how things are configured.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

gandalf0777
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gandalf0777 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:20 pm

I attached the screenshot png.
Currently I have only one author (and even one user) with one contact attached (for the first language only).

Kind regards,
Gandalf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Well...

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:05 pm

As I mentioned earlier, the problem has to do with the contacts and the author linking.

Please review the warning message and try to correct it. Try to have the contact assigned to all languages.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

gandalf0777
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gandalf0777 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:03 am

Iimanickam, you are absolutely right! :)

I added a new English contact to my single user (now it has 2 contacts - each of them in different language). The warning in Multilanguage Status disappeared and now the website runs perfectly. Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Gandalf
Well...

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”