Multiple languages shows multiple menus on frontpage

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Purshue
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Multiple languages shows multiple menus on frontpage

Post by Purshue » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a website in Dutch and English. So upon translating the first articles I tried to also create a language selector and English menu etc. I've read the instructions and made sure there were homepages for both languages also as one for all languages (menu default)

Now I've published the modules etc. but it shows a whopping 3 menus on the page and I have no idea what I have done wrong. I'm probably overlooking something simple but I really don't know? This is the link to my website http://wikihelps.us/rebas/index.php/welkom

With kind regards

artonweb
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Multiple languages shows multiple menus on frontpage

Post by artonweb » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Hello.
I believe that you have 2 module menu for each menu.
In English menu module goto tab "menu asignment" and select only menu items in English.
Then, in Dutch menu module goto tab "menu asignment" and select only menu items in Dutch.

Purshue
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Purshue » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:28 am

Thank you very much for your answer. I've now assigned the menu's to their own language pages but now nothing happens anymore? The language selector doesn't work. If I do assign the menus to the default home page I end up with double menus again. I'm so puzzled.. lol http://wikihelps.us/rebas/ I hope I don't look terribly daft. Again thanks for helping and looking into it

Purshue
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Purshue » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:51 am

Oh god I'm so stupid! I've found it. I didn't enable the plugin *bangs head against wall* Sorry about that

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”