regarding multi lang

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
gulfjoinery
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

regarding multi lang

Post by gulfjoinery » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:20 am

iam not sure if i can do this with default options in joomla but i could't find out so if there is i please share the trick

the questions is my website was in Arabic Language which it was the main lang so i add anther language which it is English right know the link if i go to site.com it will redirect me to site.com/ar or site.com/en

so right know all my link has changed to

site.com/ar
site.com/ar/gallery
site.com/ar/contact

which i need to keep them like the old one

site.com/
site.com/gallery
site.com/contact

since they are indexed in google and other search engine so is there options to do this somewhere in the administrators or do i need to use some mod like direct-alias or ?
Last edited by infograf768 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to the forum Language - Joomla! 3.x

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: regarding multi lang

Post by imanickam » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:28 am

For the Default Site language, you can remove the language tag from the URL.

In your case, if Arabic is the default site language for your site then there is a provision in core Joomla! to remove the language code ar from the URL.

Go to Plugins (Extensions -> Plugins), open the plugin "System - Language Filter" for Edit and for the option "Remove URL Language Code" choose the value Yes.

Hope this helps.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

gulfjoinery
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: regarding multi lang

Post by gulfjoinery » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:07 am

imanickam wrote:
Hope this helps.
Thanks imanickam that's work Great :) hopefully you could answer me in my other topic Falang vs . :)

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”