I want to remove Uncategorised in my URL, Pls Help??

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
jthey
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I want to remove Uncategorised in my URL, Pls Help??

Post by jthey » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:46 pm

Hello there am kind of new on Joomla, I will like to remove Uncategorised on my post url http://bizimoyun.net/uncategorised/mnery.html..

I have already rename my .htaccess, and edit my Router.php replacing $advanced = $params->get('sef_advanced_link', 0); $advanced = $params->get('sef_advanced_link', 1);

And checked all 4 SEO Settings cases. Please I will like some help, will really appreciate that. My version is 3.3.6 the latest one.

coding1
I've been banned!

Re: I want to remove Uncategorised in my URL, Pls Help??

Post by coding1 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:45 pm

check your correct link first. Then you can use redirect or other guide.
That link can not access.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:55 am

Move the article to another category or create a menu item to use.

Zemplate
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Zemplate » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:24 pm

How is the page being created? How do people get there? It is part of a navigation menu for the site, or is it something you are linking to from other articles?

If you are linking to it from another page as an article and not as a menu item:

Set up a new category for individual pages that don't get grouped into other categories.Call it something like "Independent" s you know why it is there. Put this particular article, and any other independent articles, into this new category.

When you create a new Menu Item, Joomla creates a URL for that page. You can create a new menu other than Main Menu, etc. This new menu will not appear on the site unless you create a module for it. It will act to create clean URLs for these independent pages

Set up a Single Article Menu Item in this stand alone menu. This way the category won't show in the URL. If you link to this article from other pages, be sure to link to the Menu Item that you just created.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”