Duplicate Content Or Not

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
lilysmith22
I've been banned!

Duplicate Content Or Not

Post by lilysmith22 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:57 am

monlike wrote:excuse me i have a question
if we copy a content from another website and then translate it another language and publish
can google recognize it?
Hey all,
I have searched the answer for this question which was asked by @monlike but didnt get.. Can anybody suggest me the answer for this!!!!!
All answer will be highly appreciated.

ramarjun
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Duplicate Content Or Not

Post by ramarjun » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:01 pm

hi,
yes google has easily find your content if you have copy from other website,if google find this your SEO process simply waste
Web Design company bangalore | Web Development company bangalore - Xennex Technology

Rickie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Rickie » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:48 pm

Try to avoid duplicate content on the website because it could negatively affect the positioning in SERP. Copyscape is a free plagiarism checker that can be used for free.

Jessica_watson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jessica_watson » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:22 am

There are thousands of webpages for a particular content, and there is a duplication present for the same content, also there are chances of getting hit by the google updates if you have lots of pages duplicated from another websites.Otherwise if there is a minor copied content then it is not a problem.If we talk about translating and putting it, then we must accept that google spiders are very intelligent in judging the copied content whether it is in two different languages.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:34 pm

I seriously doubt that a page translated from one language to another by a human and not google translate or other translation service would be picked up by the spider as duplicate content. My experience of google translate is it is very poor.

corruptsnake
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by corruptsnake » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:29 am

Yes, There are most probable chances that Google will read your duplicate content. The most preferred will be not to use duplicate content.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:07 am

@coruptsnake what do you base this on? I base my statement on maintaining 3 web sites with identical content English / French for 7 years (stopped last year and amalgamated into 1 site,English only now) with no problem whatsoever, all did well in google.

christo32g
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by christo32g » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:34 pm

excuse me i have a question
if we copy a content from another website and then translate it another language and publish
can google recognize it?
gws wrote:@coruptsnake what do you base this on? I base my statement on maintaining 3 web sites with identical content English / French for 7 years (stopped last year and amalgamated into 1 site,English only now) with no problem whatsoever, all did well in google.
@gws - Seems you were lucky that Google didn't find it out. In my knowledge Google is smart enough to understand the translations of an English article. Google translator is one of the best tools everybody uses to read foreign language articles by translating and I believe Google use the same feature in their algorithm to detect copied content from other languages.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:51 pm

@christo32g, thats my point,google uses it translator tool and it is not very good,better than nothing but that is all. If the text is translated properly by a human it will bear very little comparison to googles spyders translation and will be different content. If you have to rely on google translate then you are maybe creating duplicate content,but that is far from clear.

christo32g
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by christo32g » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:57 pm

@gws You are right, now Google is not as smart as a human translator. Though Google translators can't translate as accurate as a human right now, it doesn't mean they can't create a perfect translator in future and implement it in their spam detection algorithm :) .

lilysmith22
I've been banned!

Post by lilysmith22 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:14 pm

gws wrote:I seriously doubt that a page translated from one language to another by a human and not google translate or other translation service would be picked up by the spider as duplicate content. My experience of google translate is it is very poor.
Hey gws, I agreed with you. I think it became difficult for us to understand what google does, I mean what should a robot will treat for a content cos its all their techniques to catch spammers. We cant estimate any exact reason for their work.

AndresNWD
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by AndresNWD » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:17 pm

Guys I think you're missing the point here. Even if Google was able to identify translated content, why would it penalize it? It's helping the internet to be more accessible to different language speaking users!
I work at
http://www.component-creator.com - Easy Joomla MVC development
http://www.neno-translate.com - The complete translation solution for Joomla

jameshagan
I've been banned!

Post by jameshagan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:59 am

Yes,definitely,the google bot will find the source of the content from which website and which language it has been translated will also be found.

lilysmith22
I've been banned!

Post by lilysmith22 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:27 am

AndresNWD wrote:Guys I think you're missing the point here. Even if Google was able to identify translated content, why would it penalize it? It's helping the internet to be more accessible to different language speaking users!
Yeah off course but if google will recognize the duplicate content then surely it will penalize cos the content is copied and is called as duplicate. That is the reason why there are soo many algorithms like penguin, panda, and many more.

AndresNWD
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by AndresNWD » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:07 pm

Ok, listen it from Matt Cutts then: "The simply answer is not" :)
https://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=UDg2AGRGjLQ
I work at
http://www.component-creator.com - Easy Joomla MVC development
http://www.neno-translate.com - The complete translation solution for Joomla

ladydevil
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ladydevil » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:25 pm

YES, google smart enough to realize content-copy.

Hussain321
I've been banned!

Post by Hussain321 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:51 pm

AndresNWD wrote:Ok, listen it from Matt Cutts then: "The simply answer is not" :)
https://www.[[youtube]].com/watch?v=UDg2AGRGjLQ
For a multilingual website, it is okay to translate the content as Matt Cutt said. But, copying another website's content and just translating it, will get you in troubles. It is much better - and safer- to get 3 sources for that content, read them and write or rewrite in your own style. Perfect grammar and readability score should be considered too.

lilysmith22
I've been banned!

Post by lilysmith22 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:05 am

AndresNWD wrote:Ok, listen it from Matt Cutts then: "The simply answer is not" :)
https://www.[[youtube]].com/watch?v=UDg2AGRGjLQ
Thanks for sharing the video AndresNWD.

jameshammer159
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jameshammer159 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:31 am

you can do that, but should be used only for PBN

jaribhai
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jaribhai » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Well if you are translating content from Google translator, then you can get caught easily.. But if you translated the content at your own, then you might save yourself from Google penalty.

aegisinfosys
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by aegisinfosys » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:46 am

Google is very smart to judge the duplicate content. So I recommend to create a unique content for your website so you can get better ranking in search result.

You can take ideas about content from other websites but please try to convert it in to your own way.

After crating content you can check your content for duplication in Copyscape Plagiarism Checker, duplicate content checker tool.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Google does not penalise duplicate content,straight from the horses mouth (Google’s Andrey Lipattsev)! http://www.hobo-web.co.uk/duplicate-content-problems/

Nimit_Suri
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Nimit_Suri » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:05 pm

Hello;

Google is always a step ahead.Duplicate content is a violation in google guidelines.No matter in what language you translate or write they are going to find it sooner or later about it.And frankly i don't see the point why should you use duplicate content.Why just copy paste if you can just create unique content may it be less but yes it will be original.

Jetta1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Jetta1 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:18 pm

Unless you spin the content using alternate language and not a word-for-word translation, yeah google will detect that [censored].

ssraj
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ssraj » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:52 am

Google doesn't consider the same content translated into different languages as duplicate content since the same content in English that's translated into French is different, unlike the same content appearing twice in English.
If you used Google Translate to preform the translation, then the Googlebot would know that since auto-translation embeds various Meta tags, JavaScript, and CSS into the translated page, along with concatenating its translation URLs into all of the links so that the linked pages will also appear translated.

semnaveen
I've been banned!

Post by semnaveen » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:15 pm

It is very simple to track the copied content from another website even it is translated content for Google. There is a simple trick that can work for this. Just translate the content and spin with a good spinner which is not detectable by Google. But make sure that you are proofreading the content after spinning because sometimes it changes the meaning of whole sentence.

allielaine90
I've been banned!

Post by allielaine90 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:41 am

Don't copy content from other website otherwise google may penalize.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”