Where's the Description/Snippet that shows on google search?

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
MHasan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Where's the Description/Snippet that shows on google search?

Post by MHasan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi i wanted to know that where is the site description/snippet option that shows on google under the domain name? Is it the the meta desc. thing on article or is it the one on global config. I'm getting confused. I changed the meta description on both but it didn't change on google search even after one day. Any help would appreciate.

Zemplate
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Where's the Description/Snippet that shows on google sea

Post by Zemplate » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Joombudder
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Where's the Description/Snippet that shows on google sea

Post by Joombudder » Wed May 07, 2014 8:34 am

Once you update the meta description you'll have to wait for Google to re-index that page to be able to update it in the SERPS (search engine results pages). Once that is done Google should display your updated Meta description unless it deems any text on the page to actually be more relevant than the manual meta description you've typed - in that case you'll see a snippet of the text being used as a meta description.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”