Responsible opinion on a Joomla 3 template provider

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
6tel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Responsible opinion on a Joomla 3 template provider

Post by 6tel » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:19 am

This will be my first time buying a template and I want to make it consciously. I think I've found the one that is perfectly suitable to my needs, but I'd like to know your opinions on this provider (and better if you've had any experience with it):

http://amazing-templates.com/

I'd like to know if this is serious people, in your experience... I guess they are, but somehow the writing style and documents of the templates that I've seen seem to be a bit inaccurate sometimes.

Hope anyone can give a serious reference (more than an opinion). Thanks.

:pop

FlashRebel

Re: Responsible opinion on a Joomla 3 template provider

Post by FlashRebel » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:42 am

If I can recommend you, dont buy one template. Bc. you building website and dont know that template so well. It is installed ussually with many components and nice pictures, what profesional designers did, what probably you will be not able. So after installation you can find, that template looks completely different from showcase.
Anyways more important thing is, that you can change mind or change something on website and that template will not fit it more.

I recommend you look for membership, where you can use all template from developer and some of them have new one every month, some have tens of older templates what you can use unlimited.
Membership subscripsion its not much expensive than one template, but gives you more freedom and more possiblities.

Also from my experience I tell you, that everytime you dont buy just product ... you buy ''developer'' - it means if you buy something from quality profesional developer who is active you will profit from his work, from his support.

In long term always good developer win, if you are looking for something temporary, then it does not matter much, if you are looking for something for longer period, look more for stable, active and profesionall developer, not only for one template from his work.

For example if you buy some template with framework, it takes some times while u learn all things there, then your work will be much easier and every other template from same developer who use same framework will be for you much better experience than jump from one to other.

I dont know your developer, it looks totaly new one, two posts in his forum, probably started last week :) What does not mean he is not profesional. If you are prepared for test him, do it and review him then :)

I think templates there does not looks modern enough for me.
Try to google for ''profesional joomla templates'' or paid template ...something similar and you will find the biggest developer who will offer you much more.

This is my opion :) Good luck and let us know then

6tel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 6tel » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:37 am

Thank you, FlashRebel...

Unfortunately, I can't pay a membership to a templates website. Nevertheless, what you said was really interesting and did open my eyes to other considerations in the future.

lillybrent890
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lillybrent890 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:30 pm

FlashRebel wrote:If I can recommend you, dont buy one template. Bc. you building website and dont know that template so well. It is installed ussually with many components and nice pictures, what profesional designers did, what probably you will be not able. So after installation you can find, that template looks completely different from showcase.
Anyways more important thing is, that you can change mind or change something on website and that template will not fit it more.

I recommend you look for membership, where you can use all template from developer and some of them have new one every month, some have tens of older templates what you can use unlimited.
Membership subscripsion its not much expensive than one template, but gives you more freedom and more possiblities.

Also from my experience I tell you, that everytime you dont buy just product ... you buy ''developer'' - it means if you buy something from quality profesional developer who is active you will profit from his work, from his support.

In long term always good developer win, if you are looking for something temporary, then it does not matter much, if you are looking for something for longer period, look more for stable, active and profesionall developer, not only for one template from his work.

For example if you buy some template with framework, it takes some times while u learn all things there, then your work will be much easier and every other template from same developer who use same framework will be for you much better experience than jump from one to other.

I dont know your developer, it looks totaly new one, two posts in his forum, probably started last week :) What does not mean he is not profesional. If you are prepared for test him, do it and review him then :)

I think templates there does not looks modern enough for me.
Try to google for ''profesional joomla templates'' or paid template ...something similar and you will find the biggest developer who will offer you much more.

This is my opion :) Good luck and let us know then
I definitely agree! Don't get blinded by those enticing marketing strategies. Because whatever you have will always be far from what you have expected.

6tel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 6tel » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:13 pm

Thank you, Lilly.

Well, I just wanted to get some references on Amazing-templates.com, if anyone knew them and what's the experience with them.

FlashRebel

Post by FlashRebel » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:14 pm

It is 4 months old domain, so maybe not even one customer there. Also nothing in their forum. They are just new, reference will come when you will buy template from them :)

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”