i have problem in installing template

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
steffylozy
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

i have problem in installing template

Post by steffylozy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:36 am

hello could anyone help me from this.. i installed new template and when i make it as default and check my website i can't able to see my menu bar (i.e my home,contact us...) what shall i do

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: i have problem in installing template

Post by imanickam » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Be informed that the not all the module position names across the templates are not the same. So, make sure to publish the menu module to the appropriate module position in the new template you are using.

You can preview the module positions of any template by the following procedure:

(a) Go to the Template Manager
(b) Click on the button labeled Options
(c) In the screen Template Manager Options, in the tab Templates, for the option "Preview Module Positions", choose the value Enabled
(d) Click on the button labeled "Save & Close"

After the above procedure, the template module positions can be seen by the following ways:
(i) In the Template Manager, in the tab Templates, in the row of the desired template, in the column Templates, click on the link Preview
(ii) When you are viewing the site, in the address bar of the browser, at the end of the URL, type &tp=1 or ?tp=1 as the case may be and press <ENTER>. For example, if the site's URL is http://localhost/joomla_3/, use the URL http://localhost/joomla_3/?tp=1 to see the module positions.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

steffylozy
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by steffylozy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:40 am

Thank you sir, i got it

iceman18
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by iceman18 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:50 am

Hi, help needed please. I installed template and there was no message to confirm ok or not and file cannot be found anywhere. What I am missing?

sophia wright
I've been banned!

Post by sophia wright » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:33 pm

hi,

click-installIn the top menu, hover over Extensions and then click Extension Manager.
Click the Install tab.
upload template file JoomlaUnder Upload Package File, click Browse and find the template on your computer that you downloaded. Click the template file to choose it, and then click Open. Finally, click Upload & Install. This will upload the template to your hosting account.
After installing the template, you will receive a message similar to:
Installing template was successful!

At this point, you have successfully installed a new Joomla 2.5 template!

thanks
Regard
Sophia

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”