installing quickstart for Purity III

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
sifaka888
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

installing quickstart for Purity III

Post by sifaka888 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:08 pm

I can't figure out how to install quickstart (and sample data for nice start) for Purity III. I think have uploaded it successfully, but where do I find it? I am trying to do it by the instructions and downloads from this site:
http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/p ... quickstart
Could you point me to a good tutorial? Oh. Is my problem that it conflicts with the "manual" installation? Do I need to delete the manual installation and install quickstart alone?
Thank you.
Last edited by imanickam on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum Extensions for Joomla! 3.x to the forum Templates for Joomla! 3.x

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: installing quickstart for Purity III

Post by imanickam » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:36 pm

As you may have observed, quickstart package is a fresh install of Joomla! with Sample Data for the Purity III template. If you choose to install without sample data, then it would look like a fresh install of Joomla! without sample data but with Purity III template. In both the cases, T3 framework plugin would be installed.

If you have already installed Joomla!, and had not made any headway, suggest deleting all the files and the start a fresh install by unzipping the quickstart package in the directory where your domain is poiting to. If possible, suggest using a new database.

If you have any useful data already on your site and would like to have it intact, suggest installing the quickstart with sample data in a separate directory to learn things. In your already existing site, you have to install Purity III template and T3 framework to make use of the template.

Hope this helps.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

sifaka888
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by sifaka888 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Thanks Manickam.

sinasile
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice