SWF Header not working with tablets and iOS Devices

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
mathisbrogers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

SWF Header not working with tablets and iOS Devices

Post by mathisbrogers » Mon May 04, 2015 2:09 am

Hi,

I purchased a template header a long time ago and was able to set it up the way I like it on my site. I can add images to the folder and it will randomly display the images using different transistions to get there.

GoDaddy has updated to 3.x and the taemplate still works great in Chrome, IE, and Firefox. However, on iOS and Android devices, there's a blank space where the images belong.

I don't know anything about CSS coding.

Is there a simple way to add a code that tells the template to check the webbrowser and have it display a still image if it can't run the SWF?

Or would it be better for me to forget this template and go find one that will scroll through images in the header on all devices?

And I am open to suggestions for another template if anyone knows of one. I have looked for some, but haven't found any that does what I want it to.

Thanks in advance.

Mathis....

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: SWF Header not working with tablets and iOS Devices

Post by SharkyKZ » Mon May 04, 2015 5:59 am

Flash isn't properly supported by mobile devices. It's best not to use Flash anymore. Switch to HTML5 alternative if you can.

mathisbrogers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: SWF Header not working with tablets and iOS Devices

Post by mathisbrogers » Mon May 04, 2015 3:47 pm

Thanks, SharkyKZ,

I have a program that I can create the Header in HTML5, but I still don't now how to change the code in the Template to read it instead of the flash.

However, I did find:

http://www.html5videoplayer.net/html5vi ... er-joomla/

So I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again.

Mathis...

SharkyKZ wrote:Flash isn't properly supported by mobile devices. It's best not to use Flash anymore. Switch to HTML5 alternative if you can.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”