On localhost, when applying templates, they fail

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
vazcro
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

On localhost, when applying templates, they fail

Post by vazcro » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:01 pm

I have installed Joomla 3.4.3. If I use the installed templates, switch them around, etc., everything is OK. But everytime I try to upload and apply a new template, the process fails. It seems to be about size of template being uploaded. However, they are pretty small (20M/30M). I am trying to do this on my local machine (http://localhost).

When uploading and installing on my online websites, there is no problem. Can someone tell me if there is a solution or workaround and even more important is what is the reason for this?

Thanks

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: On localhost, when applying templates, they fail

Post by imanickam » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:56 am

In your localhost environment, in the file php.ini what is the value for the parameter upload_max_filesize?

Probably you may have to increase the value for this parameter.

In case if you change it, after saving the file, shut down the web server and start again.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”