Copied template not updating

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
DorsetJoomla
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Copied template not updating

Post by DorsetJoomla » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:06 am

I have just come across an interesting issue. I have a site using Purity 3 which I created several years ago and recently migrated it to Joomla 4 whereupon the frontend stopped working. After a lot of digging around I realised that the problem was that I was using a very old version of Purity 3 even though I had been applying updates. When I looked at the templates I can see that I originally made a copy of the template (to use as the default template) which seems to have stayed at version 1 whilst another version (which isn't in use) gets updated. If I look through the extension listing there are two copies of Purity 3 in there and even if I uninstall the newer one the copied version will not update. Short of deleting and reinstalling (and losing the changes I have made) is there any way of forcing an update?
Thanks Dennis
IMG_3277.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Copied template not updating

Post by AMurray » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:44 am

The latest version is 2.0.3 (11 July 2023) so you're still out of date (screenshot shows 2.0.2).

You're right - the copy you made won't get updated, only the original installation of the template will.

Perhaps the best thing, switch to Cassieopeia temporarily. Remove purity III completely then reinstall it, along with its associated framework plugin.

Then re-assign the property module positions etc.

Perhaps it would be wise to update Purity III to Purity IV and the framework to T4 rather than T3 as that probably won't work forever, especially on new PHP 8.2 and onwards.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”