Template positions have moved

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
ABSCC
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Template positions have moved

Post by ABSCC » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:50 pm

We use a custom template, created in Joomla! 2.5 by copying and modifying the Beez_2 template. Everything has been fine, right through the upgrade to Joomla! 3 and all subsequent updates to 3.5.1.

Prior to updating to 3.6 I used Template Manager to copy the template so that I could delete the original custom template. After carrying out the copy I made the new copy the default then deleted the original. When I viewed the site the two blocks of data (position-7 and position-5) which had been on the left side of the screen had been moved to the right of the screen.
BeforeScreenshot.jpg
This is the original custom template
AfterScreenshot.jpg
This is using the copy template

I haven't changed anything. I have noticed, however, that there is no Beez_2 template in Joomla! 3. It seems to have been replaced by Beez_20 which is identical in layout to my new copy of the custom template.

Can anyone explain what has happened and how I can get back to the original layout?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Template positions have moved

Post by sozzled » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:06 pm

Beez2 (and therefore any copy of that template) is incompatible with J! 3.x. You would be advised to update your template with one that is compatible with J! 3.x.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”