Mobile Template Re-Direct

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Sascha87
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Mobile Template Re-Direct

Post by Sascha87 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:20 pm

Hey,

I've been looking for an answer to my problem or a while now and just can't find the fix.

If there is already an answer to my problem, I've to say sorry

My Issue is:

I'd like to install a second template on my page, made for mobile browsers. Is there a way that mobile users get redirect the second mobile template?

Thank you for your help!

josh2015
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Mobile Template Re-Direct

Post by josh2015 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:04 am

yes there is a way to redirect mobile user to your template, it need little bit of work using redirects, but that is not best option, there is lot of template that are ready out of box responsive why you take all that trouble...
Looking into it;
In theory; it's quite understandable - "If the user is using a mobile device, redirect them to the mobile version of the template" there should be a means to determine if their browser is a web browser on a mobile device or not, one of the way to detect is check with screen resolution, screen size, of which most of template Joomla templates and framework they have already implement..
Redirect is a performance overhead and take time which in turn hurt user experience, it the primary reason it was discarded the first day was introduced, and responsive become the best option.
===> The best option is to have a dedicate site to handle mobile user, with sub domain, google have put the way to go through this and still don't duplicate content not affection your SEO performance this link, https://developers.google.com/webmasters/mobile-sites/ will help

==>If there is real a specific reason you still one some form of redirect to o

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”