What extensions should I use?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
tecty
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

What extensions should I use?

Post by tecty » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Hello, I want to open a site to be as an index for all the anime series which have been translated in romanian, so the users can see all the animes which has romanian subtitles and an easy way to search.

I will try to explain the idea in few words, so hopefully some of you could tell me what extensions to chosse and how should I proceed.

So I would like to have a "Anime" ( or something , I will take the decision after) button where it takes the user to a search bar and below to have the list. The search to be able to find a series after the name but also for example :

Search (text bar) - Genre - Finished/In course.

So for example if the user don't fill in the text bar and just chosse a genre, a list of that genre appear.

If you chosse genre and finished, a list of the series that are aleardy done appear with the choosed genre.

Each "title" of seris in the list to have a page, where to add some photos and the some text/urls.

My idea is when the user search for an anime in the index of animes that have been subtitled in romanian to click on the title of the anime and to get to a page where it has some info , photos and the link to the fansub that translatat that series.

I hope you understand guys.

Let me know and thanks for help. :)
Last edited by tecty on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

numinousmedia
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: What extensions should I use?

Post by numinousmedia » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:33 am

I highly recommend SobiPro. It's a directory/listing application that allows you to create custom forms that create custom content. There's a little bit of a learning curve, but if you invest a little time into learning how to build a directory, you should be able to create all of the anime pages you'd like, and sort them in all the ways you describe.
Ryan
Frontend Developer and Joomla Professional
Ethode Website Development: http://www.ethode.com
Personal Site: http://www.numinousmedia.com

Claudia_A
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Claudia_A » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:59 am

Hello tecty and welcome to the forum!
First of all, congratulations on your idea! I know the official Romanian anime forum had some sort of listing with all sorts of series - I'm not sure if all of them had Romanian subtitles.
In any case, numinousmedia is right, you need a directory/listing component. Best you can do is browse through the entire JED category to compare the products and see which one suits you best.
I'm curious about one thing though - once a user finds the desired series, subtitles and all, will you want to stream it too or let the users download it either for free or paid?
Best Regards,
Claudia A.

http://www.thePHPfactory.com || Professional Joomla! Extensions

tecty
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by tecty » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:45 am

numinousmedia, thanks bro, I've been looking for directory extensions on extesions.joomla.org but I wanted to know which one would fit with my idea. I will work with it and hopefully I'm going to be a pro with it.

Claudia, thanks , my frist thought was actually to have the anime's title page with some description of it (copied from the fansub that translated it and put their name) and let the link to the fansub page for example :

Naruto Shippuuden - http://fansub.ro/naruto-shippuden

But after talking with the guy I've been discussing, he gave me the idea to put the videos on my site (and that's possible using the embeded for the videos that have been uploaded aleardy by the fansubs).

But, my thought was : I destroy their site rank, because the searching on their site will come to 20% ( or something) when someone from my site goes on the fansub site, and just look fast on what they're doing, but mostly in few months all the users will use my site to find the series they wanna watch and so if I put the embeded videos for the animes that have aleardy been uploaded by the fansubs and just let the "copyright" (so their name) of the fansub that translated it, it will destroy their website somehow. Why? Because the people will go on their site/forum just for the series that will need download (I don't wanna post download links on my site) so the their traffic will reduce as hell. I don't know for the moment, but I think of doing the streaming on my site and linking to the fansubs for the download links.

tecty
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by tecty » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:01 pm

Nothing paid.

Is for the love for anime that I'm doing it, and want to let my ideas become real.

And, it wouldn't work if it's paid, because the fansubs are aleardy offering them free so, who would pay just to find them easy and watch it on my site? I could do something payable if I had the staff to translate the most animes how it should be (HD) and have exclusive series that the fansubs don't have and a small price like 10euro/month, I think it could work, because everyone can afford 10euro/month.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”