Is ANGIE password-protection N/A in Akeeba Backup Core?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
killerkoz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Is ANGIE password-protection N/A in Akeeba Backup Core?

Post by killerkoz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:35 pm

I can't for the life of me find the ANGIE password configuration setting the documentation talks about, nor any information about whether it is only available in Akeeba Backup Professional. I assume ANGIE password-protection is not available in Akeeba Backup Core? Would someone mind confirming that for me? Much appreciated.

Cheers, Rob

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Is ANGIE password-protection N/A in Akeeba Backup Core?

Post by dhuelsmann » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

https://www.akeebabackup.com/documentat ... 05s03.html
This is why we added support for password protection to ANGIE. You can enabled it in Akeeba Backup, in the Configuration page of the component. You also get the chance to override that password when taking a backup from the back-end of your site, by providing it your desired password to the "ANGIE password" field in the Backup Now page. The password is stored in the backup archive encrypted, making it more difficult to be accidentally exposed to a hacker.

If you have specified a password for ANGIE you will see the ANGIE password page when you launch it. Just provide your password and ANGIE will show its main page. If the password is incorrect you will be shown the password page again.
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

killerkoz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Is ANGIE password-protection N/A in Akeeba Backup Core?

Post by killerkoz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:15 am

Thanks Dave. Yes that's basically the information I've read in the documentation. Unfortunately, there is no mention of whether this feature is available in the Core version or not. I don't have an "ANGIE password" field in either the Configuration or Backup Now sections. I've just looked at some ANGIE password images in my search and it just looks like this feature is not available in Akeeba Backup Core. That's what I'll assume for now any way.

Cheers, Rob

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”