MijoShop vs. AceShop

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
gmedia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: MijoShop vs. AceShop

Post by gmedia » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:57 pm

We have decided to cut ties with MiwiSoft. As far as recent, they now seem to be shifting gears to http://www.arastta.org

We originally used AceShop and the rolled the dice on Denise splitting off into MijoShop. He seemed to be a bit more ambitious and serious with the direction. I have come across about two or three guys from Miwisoft that are pretty cool, but nearly everyone else, and especially Denise seems to always come off arrogant, is painfully disconnected from your issue, and is a jerk to us. I am not sure what the story is for the few that have said their experience has been great. I am a bit suspicious or maybe they have had great luck. The issue with MiwiSoft is not a few rogue people, it is a company culture issue, which is hard to fake. They have also been "banned" from OpenCart (http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=123405)

It is sad to see such a concept crash, but I would not partner with MiwiSoft in any way, especially something as important as a shopping cart.

I think AceShop has the potential to come out on top, as they were always very good to us. I would imagine they have replaced Denise and have a real vision by now. I don't know though.

I have no actual experience with JooCart. I am not a "PC" police agent, but it seems a bit too close to JewCart for me. I don't like it. Maybe I'm just being weird, but I don't think so. Also, they launched at the release of OC 2.0, knowing there were MAJOR bugs.

Those are my thoughts.

Chris

credenceweb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by credenceweb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:04 pm

credenceweb wrote:I have not used AceShop. I am familiar with Joomla! and have significant experience with Opencart. I just set up a client's site with MijoShop. I think MijoShop combines the best of Opencart into a Joomla! site. Super flexible setup.

I have no idea why they are not in the JED. But I needed a support question answered and received a clear answer promptly.

Really like MijoShop!

Since posting this I have tried out MijoShop more extensively and compared it to other OpenCart/Joomla solutions. I DO NOT recommend MijoShop.

gmedia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gmedia » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:13 pm

credenceweb wrote:Since posting this I have tried out MijoShop more extensively and compared it to other OpenCart/Joomla solutions. I DO NOT recommend MijoShop.
What was your experience?

Chris

kinwolf
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kinwolf » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Personally, I have 2 tickets that have been dragging for 3 months now. I get no reply to request for updates on those.

Support has never been very fast when fixing the code was involved, but now it's downright horrible and frustrating(how many time can you tell a client that "they're working on it" while nothing happens). If I ever have to install another webstore in the future, miwisoft is out and I'll have to retest other solutions.

hozefasaleh
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by hozefasaleh » Wed May 04, 2016 7:24 am

Hi,

Does anybody know that mijoshop and aceshop using latest version of opencart (2.2) for integration with Joomla 3 ? And do you have any latest remarks for these extensions ?

By the way one remarkable change between these two company I am currenty seeing is that aceshop is offering a free light version for test http://www.joomace.net/joomla-extension ... pping-cart , no such version is available for testing at mijoshop http://miwisoft.com/joomla-extensions/m ... pping-cart

Thanks
Hozefa

gmedia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gmedia » Wed May 04, 2016 12:31 pm

Neither are using the latest OpenCart

http://www.joomace.net/joomla-extension ... /changelog

http://miwisoft.com/joomla-extensions/m ... #changelog

It seems they have really been abandoned. Yes, MijoShop has had a few updates, but I would say they are looking to their Arista platform now.

Chris

gmedia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gmedia » Mon May 09, 2016 9:23 pm

So I noticed that the makers of "JooCart", soft-php.com, also have a WooCart. I would guess that my "JewCart" comment may have been overly sensitive to how it sounds. I apologize. :(

I am thinking on giving their solution a go, in spite of early concerns. It is really between that and develop our own Joomla/OpenCart Solution, which still may happen.

Anyone have experience with it?

Chris

fiberc
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by fiberc » Tue May 31, 2016 10:05 am

Hi,

I was also using MijoShop for a while, until I didn't have some problem and than contact support. I actualy buy two extension MijoShop and MijoSEF. For both I did have few problems and response from support were like "it's your fault" or "no response at all". Very soon after that I switch to JooCart. First, what I try is, how quick they were at answering to support tickets. I must say that they are much, much beter than MijoShop team.

fnotti
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by fnotti » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:52 pm

I think I fell into a trap with MijoShop ... I bought it because they say have a Payment Gateway for Argentina by MercadoPago. Before buying I sent an email asking for confirmation that worked properly and they said yes. After installation the Gateway did not work and asked him for support. More than a month and I'm still waiting for an answer.

I fear that they have stolen my money.

kinwolf
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kinwolf » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Time to move on from Mijoshop. I'm now afraid to update joomla in fear something breaks, and they are now horrible at fixing bugs(they let it rot until the subscription expire) Anyone recommending another cart for joomla with an easy migration path?

dellvostro
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by dellvostro » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:06 pm

How does mijoshop compare to virtuemart? How easy is it to update product pricing and add discount calculations?

Reason I ask is that I was asked to take over the work for a site using joomla / virtuemart. The original web designer didn't create discount calculations for each product that has discount pricing. He used overrides and overwrite, an while everything seemed to work it all broke after upgrading to latest virtuemart release.

There are over 400 products in the system and according to the vm documentation, a discount or tax calculation must be created and added to each product. Literally meaning creating at least 300 calculations, then applying them respective products.

The problem we are facing is pricing and discounts can be updated weekly or monthly, so we need to be able to import pricing into store to update automatically and not have to do it manually.

So can you advise if mijoshop would be a better option than virtuemart?

homearanya
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by homearanya » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:49 am

It seems as if Joomace might be gone. Their website doesn't even work anymore. I recently I bought a VIP subscription. I think I might have thrown my money down the drain. I wish I had bumped into this thread before.

dlm
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dlm » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:34 am

My recent experience with Mijoshop's support has been awful. I needed assistance with modifying the field lengths and layout on the checkout. Was told that I needed to migrate to Mijoshop 3.0 (which wasn't available when I renewed the subscription 6 months earlier). The migration failed and I have received no replies to my requests for help. I'm looking for an alternative e-commerce system. Mijoshop was really good but it's worthless if they won't provide support for their migration. My on-line store has been down for almost a week. :'(

embroidall
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by embroidall » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:45 pm

I am really disappointed with mijoshop. They answered my presale question promptly but since I purchased I have not been able to get my opencart modules to display correctly. I have put in 2 support tickets the first one was almost a month ago and I have had no answer, the tickets have not been assigned. I have tried contacting them via their facebook page but my comments get removed but my tickets are never answered.
I was using joocart for years but it was pretty buggy, I don't have very many opencart extensions installed. I thought that mijoshop would be better but I was very wrong.

dlm
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dlm » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:54 am

Embroidall, I hope your complaint doesn't get you cut off. Ahmet Kurucan cut off my account the day after I posted about my disappointment with the customer support. He didn't have time to look into my problem migrating to Mijoshop 3.0, but he had time to check out my post on this thread! Basically, I'm out the money I paid last May for the system.

I restored from a backup and will deal with what I've got (Mijoshop 2.0) until I have time to move everything (a considerable task) to another e-commerce system. Basically, I'm out the money I paid last May for the system.

I hope your experience is better than mine.

embroidall
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by embroidall » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:25 pm

dlm you were so right about that, I waited and waited for a response to my ticket and then I posted on this forum that very day I got this.

I did figure out what the problem was. It was something so simple it would have taken them no time at all to help me with but instead, they resort to blackmail. These blokes need to do a course in customer service because I have never been so disgusted in my life.

dlm
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dlm » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:42 pm

Embroidall, I wish I had been wrong about the situation. Clearly Ahmet is paying much more attention to this blog thread than he is to providing customer support! I'm also wondering if we're being picked on because of our gender?? Is the support equally poor for the male customers? If he had hustled on the support and then asked me to remove my comment, I would have complied. (HINT: Ahmet, are you getting all this?)

BTW, I hope you're already changed all of your access passwords. I did as soon as I realized Ahmet had locked me out of my miwisoft account. I'm really glad you got the system up and running on your own. It's a pretty nice system once the little kinks are worked out. We ran it for 4 years.

embroidall
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by embroidall » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:27 am

Yes I did change all of my passwords, I can't even imagine what sort of mischief they might get up to if they still had access.
Now I have been locked out of my account, I can't even read the documentation. These people are criminals. Yes Ahmet you are a thief.

dlm
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dlm » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:38 am

After skimming through these posts, we're clearly not alone in getting sucked into the Mijoshop scam. Oh, don't forget to backup your database and files too! Just in case there's a back door.

Embroidall, if you have a set-up question, I think you can send me a pm through this board. I might be able to help.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”