Komento: Why are the comments not displayed on the popup page?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
sashaiel
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Komento: Why are the comments not displayed on the popup page?

Post by sashaiel » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:48 pm

Hello friends
I have been looking for a good commenting system for articles for several days and after trying different components, I came to the conclusion that "Komento" " https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/komento/ " is more suitable for my site.
On my site (http://dev.harfrooz.com), after clicking on any article, you will see that article in a popup page. Now the problem is that the Komento commenting system does not appear on this page and I don't know why. If you open the article and look at it in the html page, the Komento commenting system will appear at the end of the article without any problems. But it does not work on the popup page.
I'm sure that the solution to this problem is very simple, but I don't know how to fix it, and I hope you can help. :-[
The rest of the commenting components that I tested (most of them) did not have such a problem with the popup and they were also visible on the popup page.

sarky098
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Komento: Why are the comments not displayed on the popup page?

Post by sarky098 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:49 pm

It's possible that the issue with the commenting system not appearing on the popup page is related to the specific implementation of the popup feature on your website. The way the popup is implemented may be causing a conflict with the Komento commenting system's script. It's also possible that the issue is related to the way the article is being pulled into the popup, and the commenting system's script is not properly being loaded on the popup page.

One solution would be to try and modify the script of the Komento commenting system to work with the implementation of the popup feature on your website. Another solution would be to try a different commenting system that is compatible with the popup feature, or to reach out to the developers of the Komento commenting system for support.

It is also possible that the issue is related to the way the article is being pulled into the popup, and the commenting system's script is not properly being loaded on the popup page. In this case, you can try to debug the code and see if there is any error, or you can reach out to the developer of the popup feature to see if they can assist in resolving the issue.

It's worth noting that these are just suggestions and it would be best to consult with a developer or the developer of the commenting system to determine the root cause of the problem and to find the best solution.
Last edited by pe7er on Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed manual signature

sashaiel
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Komento: Why are the comments not displayed on the popup page?

Post by sashaiel » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:12 pm

sarky098 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:49 pm
It's possible that the issue with the commenting system not appearing on the popup page is related to the specific implementation of the popup feature on your website. The way the popup is implemented may be causing a conflict with the Komento commenting system's script. It's also possible that the issue is related to the way the article is being pulled into the popup, and the commenting system's script is not properly being loaded on the popup page.
One solution would be to try and modify the script of the Komento commenting system to work with the implementation of the popup feature on your website. Another solution would be to try a different commenting system that is compatible with the popup feature, or to reach out to the developers of the Komento commenting system for support.
It is also possible that the issue is related to the way the article is being pulled into the popup, and the commenting system's script is not properly being loaded on the popup page. In this case, you can try to debug the code and see if there is any error, or you can reach out to the developer of the popup feature to see if they can assist in resolving the issue.

It's worth noting that these are just suggestions and it would be best to consult with a developer or the developer of the commenting system to determine the root cause of the problem and to find the best solution.
Hello
Thank you for the suggestions you gave, but I myself do not have the technical knowledge of programming and troubleshooting, and that's why I asked my question here.
I have already contacted the Kommento developers but have not received any response. Also, popup developers are not available because this template is old and out of their support.
So, I hope I can find someone here who is familiar with JavaScript and Joomla and can guide me exactly how to solve this problem. I know that it is not a complicated problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”