How to change google.maps.version on Joomla Estate Agency extension

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
ENrico62
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to change google.maps.version on Joomla Estate Agency extension

Post by ENrico62 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:35 am

Hi, at the end of June Google sent me this email about a site on a Real Estate Site in Joomla 3 (PHP 8.1):

“Review which of your Maps JavaScript API resources have incompatible usage. Change your application to avoid a disruption in your service.
Hello Google Maps Customer,
We’re writing to let you know that the Maps JavaScript API will become unavailable to applications using non-compliant libraries, from the Maps JavaScript API version 3.54, releasing to the weekly channel in August 2023.
What do I need to know?
Some third party libraries emulate newer JavaScript functionality, for browsers that may not support them natively. The Maps JavaScript API will start using some newer functionality in the ECMAScript standard, namely Array.from().
While Array.from() is available and working in all browsers supported by the Google Maps JavaScript API, some applications have code which replaces the working version of this with an invalid version from a library - creating an invalid JS environment. We recommend that you change your application to stop loading those incompatible implementations.
Alternatively, you may specify a version of the Maps JavaScript API lower than v3.54 for the time being, with the caveat that any version is only available for a year. For example, you can specify v=3.53 until April 2024, after which all Maps JavaScript versions will require a fix to your application.”

While waiting for a total renovation of the site, this second solution is temporarily ok for me (I also found it on Google Maps Platform):
“An update affected my application
When we update the release channels, it could affect your application. This could occur because your application is relying on undocumented or deprecated features, or because of a bug or bug fix we have introduced.
As a temporary workaround, you can reconfigure your application to use an older version.
Open the console in your browser developer tools, and look at the value of google.maps.version
Update the script tag that loads the API, and request an older versione number.
For example, if google.maps.version is "3.55.2", use v=3.54 in your script tag.
This temporary workaround will work for a limited time only.”
Now my question is: if I use the JEA extension (Joomla Estate Agency), where do I find the tag to change the google.maps.version?
Thanks for the suggestions!

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: How to change google.maps.version on Joomla Estate Agency extension

Post by gws » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:59 am

Surely a question for the JEA developers.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”