Fonts do not display correctly or do not look good in output PDF files

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Odlarhg
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Fonts do not display correctly or do not look good in output PDF files

Post by Odlarhg » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:25 am

I am working with an application that was created with Joomla. The application allows me to create PDFs for printing with variable data. For example a business card. The problem is that it doesn't show me the fonts correctly. The problem is both on the screen and when exporting the file to PDF format. I do not have access to the application code, but I do not know if the error is due to the version of Joomla (we are using version 3.10), the browser or if it is definitely a problem with the application code.

Maybe my question is unusual or strange, but I don't have much experience in Joomla and I need to have an idea of what may be happening to talk to the developer and understand what he can tell me about this case.

Can you help me with ideas on this.

By the way, the PDFs are generated from the application at version 1.4. And the errors in the fonts are that they look condensed or with irregular edges.

Thank you.
Last edited by toivo on Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x General Questions

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Fonts do not display correctly or do not look good in output PDF files

Post by toivo » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:10 am

Welcome to the Joomla forum!

The Joomla 3.x core does not have the functionality to output PDF files. Those functions must therefore belong to a third party extension.

Odlarhg wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:25 am
the PDFs are generated from the application at version 1.4
Which particular extension is this? Is it available from the Joomla Extensions Directory (JED)?

In case the above question is not clear, please post the results from the Forum Post Assistant (FPA) by following the instructions at https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/ so that our volunteer Joomla experts can review the configuration.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”