Joomla chronoforms prioritizations list

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
blauwiis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla chronoforms prioritizations list

Post by blauwiis » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:27 pm

Hi,
I'm totally new to Joomla and need to set up a chronoform, where customers can prioritise from a list of 4 possibilities.

First I thought about a dynamic dropdown table.
On the first question, customers have a dropdown with 4 choices (prio1)
On the second, customers only have the remaining 3 choices (prio2)
on the third there are the remaining 2 choices...
etc.

Is this somehow possible without java coding?

Are there any other possibilities to set up a "priorization" list in chronoforms?
For example showing the 4 possibilities and customers can set 1-4 ?

Thanks for any help!
Last edited by toivo on Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x General Questions

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Joomla chronoforms prioritizations list

Post by AMurray » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:04 pm

The Chronoforms extension is used for sending an email through a web form, so I don't know what you want to achieve with the "Prioritisation" list. Certainly, you can use the drop-down field type in Chronoforms and select an option (or options) from it.

I believe you may be referring to what is generally known as Conditional Logic (the basic idea of which is that a selection in one field, affects the available options in another field, or executes some action based on that choice e.g. shows/hides other fields in a form - that's just a basic explanation).

In Chronoforms, Conditional Logic seems to be done through its "Event Switcher" feature.

I think you should probably ask the developers of Chronoform any specific questions since they are the experts in their product but they may need an expanded explanation of what you want to achieve.

An alternative suggestion, if Chronforms doesn't end up suiting your needs, is to use Fabrik (Joomla extension) to develop your specific application (https://fabrikar.com/ - direct link provided; the extension is not listed on the JED).
There is a learning curve involved with using Fabrik but it shouldn't need actual coding.

(Note: Joomla was developed in PHP, not Java. (Additionally, Java and Javascript are two unrelated programming/scripting languages).
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”