Blank Page After Installing Extension

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
igcompany
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Blank Page After Installing Extension

Post by igcompany » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:56 pm

Hello!

I'm trying to install an older version of OSE Membership (a version from last year) on my website but I keep having problems when I'm trying to install it.

First, I tried to install it on my localhost websites, both on Joomla 2.5 & 3.3. On Joomla 3.3 I got a blank page immediatelly after uploading the zip file & on Joomla 2.5 I got to see the "Complete Installation" button after the zip file was uploaded, but after clicking it, the same blank page appeared.

On my live website on the other hand, Joomla 3.3 acted the same but on Joomla 2.5 it installed without a problem.

So now I'm thinking, It must be a compatibility problem?

Is there any way I can do a few tweaks to the files of the component/installer to make it work?

FlashRebel

Re: Blank Page After Installing Extension

Post by FlashRebel » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:20 am

Hi, OSE Membership is also available for Joomla 3, so just buy it, if you really need it :)
If not, choose some free component for that.
if you asked this question it means, that you can not do few tweaks to the files and make it compatible with J3.3 :)

igcompany
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Blank Page After Installing Extension

Post by igcompany » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:06 am

I managed to make it work. I installed a fresh copy of Joomla 2.5 on my website, installed the OSE Membership component, transfered the website to my localhost, upgraded Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.3.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”