How to Embed Facebook Page stream and Twitter Stream on Joomla Articles

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
fmstatic59
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to Embed Facebook Page stream and Twitter Stream on Joomla Articles

Post by fmstatic59 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:55 pm

I am building a site database of famous people. Each person's short biography is a joomla article. I want to embed the facebook and twitter stream of each person on their articles.

I did a lot of research and found many modules but i don't need modules, i want a plugin so that I can embed fb and twitter stream of the particular famous person on their articles (biography). So when we open the article of each individual, we can read their biography and also see their live twitter and fb stream.

Please help!!

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: How to Embed Facebook Page stream and Twitter Stream on Joomla Articles

Post by sozzled » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:43 pm

There are a few ways that you can "embed" a FB or Twitter link in a Joomla article.

One way you've mentioned is to use a content plugin but most of the plugins that I've seen in the JED are not well equipped for the purposes I think you want. Obviously, if you're proficient in writing Joomla plugins, you could write your own or hire a professional developer to do this for you.

Another way (but you've already stated you've discounted this) is to insert a module into your articles. It's not a bad way to do it but it involves a bit of an overhead.

The easiest way that I can think of is to actually insert the these links into the articles. Consider this, for a moment: you have to write the individual articles, don't you? How about, when you create these articles, you literally add the following in each article as a standard practice:

<p id="celebrityLink">Visit this person's <a href="https://www.facebook.com/ffffffff" target="_new" class="facebook" >Facebook</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/tttttttt" target="_new" style="twitter">Twitter</a> page to see the latest news.</p>

where ffffffff and tttttttt are the FB and Twitter addresses respectively for the person you are writing about.

Cutting-and-pasting this "standard paragraph" (from one article to another) will take you a few seconds. It's as easy as that. Further, to retain a consistent style, you can style the elements with CSS, e.g.

Code: Select all

p#celebrityLink {
}
p#celebrityLink > a.facebook {
}
p#celebrityLink > a.twitter {
}
How you choose to implement your own solution is, of course, up to you. I've just suggested a 10-second solution (and it's probably the solution I would use in your situation).

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”