Stale article reporting

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Scott R
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Stale article reporting

Post by Scott R » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:03 am

I'm looking for a procedure or plug-in that will allow me to list the active articles based on their last update date, the list preferably to include the article owner. I'd call it the stale article report (or as I saw with our college, a "rancid" articles report of those not updated within the last 120 days).
Such a report would allow me as administrator to "encourage" those owners to take a look at the article and hopefully update it.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,
Scott

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Stale article reporting

Post by sozzled » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:25 am

Interesting idea. 8) I wrote a plugin in the last couple of months that selected articles oppositely to what you've asked for. My plugin displays the word "updated" to indicate that the article had been recently changed (say within the last n days). It probably wouldn't take long to modify this plugin to display the word "stale" (or some other user-selectable term) as a tag on those articles last modified more than x days ago.

I looked on the JED but I couldn't find anything suitable that filtered the articles based on your specific needs. Of course there are other mechanisms that may be useful (e.g. looking at the articles in the backend).

If you're interested, send me an email or PM.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”