FaLang not Translating my website on a fly i.e With from a single click

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
olayinkatayo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

FaLang not Translating my website on a fly i.e With from a single click

Post by olayinkatayo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:24 am

Hello geeks,

Well, I consider my joomla skills at intermidiate level. I've been working with FaLang for quite some time and I have never experienced what I've seen in the last couple of days.

I am developing a muiltilingual (Swedish and English) website with Joomla + FaLang. I followed FaLang documentation to install and enable the frontend FaLang language switcher module but I noticed I have to click at least twice on a language to get my website ranslated.

For example, transalating from english to swedish would mean that I have to click on the swedish flag at least two times before I'd see the translation and the same thing happens while translating back. I believe the site should translate to swedish or english on a single click and not until a user clicks 2 or more times. I have tried everything possible but it's still the same.

I was hoping someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction. My website is http://diligentcleaning.se and I am using gk_hotel template from gavick

I'd appreciate your kind help. GRACIAS

olayinkatayo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: FaLang not Translating my website on a fly i.e With from a single click

Post by olayinkatayo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:40 am

This forum is such an amazing platform to get result(s). After weeks of googling and research, I finally found what I was looking for here http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=931100

Please find below the solution to this problem as described by jetshop24. I must also say it worked for me.

Hi, I received the solution. Here it is, in case someone comes across a similar issue: He said and I quote

"Hi,

The new Joomla versions 3.6.1 (2016/08/03) and 3.6.2(2016/08/04) were released last week.

These versions are compatible with Falang 2.6.0.

The only thing you have to do is to put the language filter plugin in a higher priority than the Falang Database driver.

The Joomla 3.6.1 fixes a bug in language redirect being cached in the browser.(3.6.0)

How to set Language filter plugin in a higher priority ?

1) you need to connect on the administrator Extensions > Plugins

2) Filter your plugin by type "system"

3) Order the filter by "Ordering Ascending"

4) Use the drag and drop system on the left to order the Plugin "Language filter" in the first position or before the Falang Database Driver."

Credit fiven to jetshop24

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”